Wednesday, May 11, 2011

hockey

Nobody played well today, not even me.  Brandon was basically a pylon on Defense, not sure what was up with that. he let everybody go to the net with the puck with no resistance. I asked him if he was taking it easy.. he basically said he didn't know what was going on.. He looked tired, I only saw him skate hard once.
 
I skated hard a few times.. probably a good idea that everybody took it easy 'cause then I'm not too tired to be here at work.
 
I can definitely skate backwards fast enough now to keep up with the big dogs. 
 
Two guys came that I never saw before.. obviously have been playilng a while.  They kept pokin' the puck when I'd go up to them and do the quick right to left deke.. I tried going between their skate and stick once, didn't work either.  They were bein' cocky a few times, not sure why. everyone else sucked compared to them.  They couldn't even hit the post nor crossbar.  I think they got maybe one goal, if that, combined. 
 
I went between the lesser players' sticks and skates three times, too easy.  The one time, it was me and a sole defenseman.. so I deke a few times pretty quickly and then I always go left a bit wide, back to my right and then between their stick.. it's so easy to do it.  I also put the puck to their right (from my perspective) and then went around their left to get it. 

The way I play the puck, I keep my head down but still pointed slightly up so that I see the puck and the field.  I should probably just look up from now on 'cause I can obviously do it.  I'd have to practice a bit more on my own , but I can do it. 
 
I can do the drag wrister really easily.. well, the drag position.. it's the triple threat of hockey.. you can shoot, pass, or deke between your legs.
 
At one point, I stick lifted the guy in the corner and hit the puck away.. he basically stopped playilng so I went after it then he comes back to it.. so I stick lift him two more times to make sure he wasn't gettin'; the puck and proceed to go behind the net slowly 'cause I thought he was done playin'.. so he comes and pushes me into the boards two or three times and cuts me off.. I was thinking "if you can't handle the heat, get outta the kitchen, son," and play the puck next time, donj't stop.  I can get aggressive, but I usually don't. 
 
It was me cutting across the middle from left to right in the O zone, a defender in the LW position, and the puck was going up the R boards so I chase after it really quickly, get it, and pull it right to left as quickly as I could right when I touched it... I had the defender beat but as I was turning, my skate got clipped by his skate. 
 
Finally, at the end, the one guy on the other team was going up his RW side and I was forechecking their other Dman so I had to come from behind him to backcheck.. he heard footsteps and hockey stopped right in front of me on the boards and I ran into him.. "Sorry, man".. he looked kinda upset, but not my fault he stopped like that.
 
He also got really mad when Brandon was forechecking him and somehow triopped him.. I didn't see it, but he probably got his stick between the kid's legs in a poke attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment