Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Re: [Madness Writers] hockey

i had a land navigation thing today, fuckin hot, like 90 degrees, in
the trees, all that humidity. still dehudrated man. did 40 pushups
on my poushup bar, crazy cuz i could barely get 40 back in texas, i
set a record at 45 last week, then 10 min later did 50, and i could
have done a few more but it gets pretty uncomfortable. i usually get
on my knees and do at least 10 after a set to give my arms a little
more workout without being so uncomfortable, usually my lower back,
sometimes my shoulders.

only gotta PT 2 days a week, which is awesome cuz waking up at 5 and
then having 2 hours after PT for work to start pretty much sucks. and
i have a pt test on tuesday, hopefully i get 68 pushups. then no more
PT, only once a mointh for the PT test. too easy.

hockey tomorrow.

yeah i remember in CA playing once when it was fuckin hot, like 80 or
85. way too hot man, u sweat too much, cant do a whole lot. PT was
int he afternoon here, it was getting too hot, sergeant wanted to run
4 miles one day in 85 degree weather, hahahahhaa. we ran 2, and it
was too much man. i ran very slow, i wasnt killing myself over it.
stil hurt my chest.

ice is different than roller, definitely less space. the puck glides
like nothing too, really changes the feel of the game.

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 10:21 PM, Madness <nayrrizdaed@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nobody played well today, not even me.  Brandon was basically a pylon on
> Defense, not sure what was up with that. he let everybody go to the net with
> the puck with no resistance. I asked him if he was taking it easy.. he
> basically said he didn't know what was going on.. He looked tired, I only
> saw him skate hard once.
>
> I skated hard a few times.. probably a good idea that everybody took it easy
> 'cause then I'm not too tired to be here at work.
>
> I can definitely skate backwards fast enough now to keep up with the big
> dogs.
>
> Two guys came that I never saw before.. obviously have been playilng a
> while.  They kept pokin' the puck when I'd go up to them and do the quick
> right to left deke.. I tried going between their skate and stick once,
> didn't work either.  They were bein' cocky a few times, not sure why.
> everyone else sucked compared to them.  They couldn't even hit the post nor
> crossbar.  I think they got maybe one goal, if that, combined.
>
> I went between the lesser players' sticks and skates three times, too easy.
> The one time, it was me and a sole defenseman.. so I deke a few times pretty
> quickly and then I always go left a bit wide, back to my right and then
> between their stick.. it's so easy to do it.  I also put the puck to their
> right (from my perspective) and then went around their left to get it.
>
> The way I play the puck, I keep my head down but still pointed slightly up
> so that I see the puck and the field.  I should probably just look up from
> now on 'cause I can obviously do it.  I'd have to practice a bit more on my
> own , but I can do it.
>
> I can do the drag wrister really easily.. well, the drag position.. it's the
> triple threat of hockey.. you can shoot, pass, or deke between your legs.
>
> At one point, I stick lifted the guy in the corner and hit the puck away..
> he basically stopped playilng so I went after it then he comes back to it..
> so I stick lift him two more times to make sure he wasn't gettin'; the puck
> and proceed to go behind the net slowly 'cause I thought he was done
> playin'.. so he comes and pushes me into the boards two or three times and
> cuts me off.. I was thinking "if you can't handle the heat, get outta the
> kitchen, son," and play the puck next time, donj't stop.  I can get
> aggressive, but I usually don't.
>
> It was me cutting across the middle from left to right in the O zone, a
> defender in the LW position, and the puck was going up the R boards so I
> chase after it really quickly, get it, and pull it right to left as quickly
> as I could right when I touched it... I had the defender beat but as I was
> turning, my skate got clipped by his skate.
>
> Finally, at the end, the one guy on the other team was going up his RW side
> and I was forechecking their other Dman so I had to come from behind him to
> backcheck.. he heard footsteps and hockey stopped right in front of me on
> the boards and I ran into him.. "Sorry, man".. he looked kinda upset, but
> not my fault he stopped like that.
>
> He also got really mad when Brandon was forechecking him and somehow
> triopped him.. I didn't see it, but he probably got his stick between the
> kid's legs in a poke attempt.
>
> --
> Posted By Madness to Madness Writers at 5/11/2011 07:21:00 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment