Monday, May 9, 2011

http://www.slate.com/id/2293368  interesting article.


decent articles. 


Went to hockey, only one other guy showed up.  I'm done going on Mondays.  Really only gonna go down on Tuesdays (game night), Wednesdays, and Fridays for pick up.. oh, I'll go Monday nights.  I want to go tonight but I was already there for 3 hours.  I'm feelin' tired, too.

Two things taht I really worked on and it shows - stick handling while NEVER looking at the puck, and doing the deke where you put the puck behind your body and then between the legs.. I was doing it A LOT without even having to look at doing it.  I even improved it so that I can pretty much get the puck on my skate no matter where it comes from.. sometimes this requires a lot of dexterity/agility/balance 'cause you gotta move the skate in a way to make sure the puck not only hits the skate but goes forward after doing so.  

My main objective was to work on hockey stops, but I can't do it.

We played one on one after almost 2 hours of messing around.  After 2 or 3 minutes we were both pretty tired.  

The only way to get better at this point is to play games.  I can improve my backwards corssovers to the left, stopping (definitely need to do this, sooner rather than later), slapshot, deflections, and quicker hands/more dekes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment