Friday, April 27, 2012

hockey

last night was a decent game.  losing 2-0 at one point.
 
i had 2 or three breakaways.  first was cuz I skate fast.  second, I get a SWEET pass from the blue line (dont believe it was a rush, it was a turnover), im a little ahead of blue line and skate through teh D and get the puck simultaneously. i went to deke the goaltender and booom, he comes out to play, puck was still bouncing, went to settle it down , hit ti JUST wide. 
 
the other I shot it just far wide.  i was pretty far left though.  Im pretty good at using my right arm to protect the puck in those situatiosn where the D tries to cover me.
 
wasnt really on my game last night, probably cuz Im still not 100$ health.  bronchitis, had severe chest pain in January for 5 weeks after that PT test.  I dont have chest pain, but my throat and upper chest defintiely get congested or its tight or something.  makes breathing pretty hard when working out.
 
during beginning after skating around a few minutes we get 3 min of ice time to warm up.  i'll shoot a few shots and work on stick handling a bit.  my stick handling was way off.  that never happens.
 
i didnt have any amazing passes, until the end. talk about that later.
 
one guy, their best Dman, im comin to forecheck around the net, he's standing in front of the G.  he like clipped my skate or something, intentionally.  I wasnt very happy...didnt fall or antyhing, but no idea what he was doing. I yelled "what the fuck was that?" and then we skate up ice and I said "Dont worry about it" but he didnt seem happy.  i was just more confused, like why would someone do that.
 
then after that he seemed to have it out for me.  i was shuttin him down.  fortunately, he wasnt playin very hard against out shitty players. we have this 18 year oldfemale, nothing against her but she is slow, never has her head up. they had a woman that honestly is worse, i really dont like playin against those types of people cuz its like taking candy from a baby, but its like "do i stand here and watch her attempt to play teh puck, or should I knock it away, or get aggressive and look like a dick?"  once i was covering D and puck comes up off the boards towards her.  i think i just knocked it away, i clearly let up before doing so, and was confused as to how hard to play at that point. that woman, nice lady, is just awfully slow and unskilled. probably couldn't deke to save her life.  reallly though just very very slow.
 
oh yeah ddue, faceoffs.  i played C last two periods.  probably cuz they saw I was skating around a lt covering different people, as a LW. haha.  i just cover obvious wide open people near the slot. never really give up my man while doing so, but sometimes I probably do try to over cover.  but our players, we'd be converged all down low, cant get the puck out that way when no one is ready for a braekout.
 
oh yeah, 2nd goal for them, i come out over the bench, there's a D man in front of me, high point. a 2nd D man is more in the middle near the blue line. their good woman D comes up the middle and 2nd D over plays, then the other D was basically standing there, kinda skated, but let her go.  in hindsight I should have just fuckin barreled down after her.  but figured thats not my fuckin job.  i was still LW at that point.   she comes up to G and rings it in off the cross bar.  jessu christ.
 
after that, I didnt let anyione get by without lots of pressure
like in the third, the one guy, his second season, really good player. speed, skill, mean slapper. he comes down, - a lot of times the D would swipe their stick, like that guy at Hot SHots, that old guy wit hteh old helmet - and knock the puck away.  I guess I would do something similar. but play a lot more aggressively.
 
and that douchebag D guy who thought he had my number or whatever, at one point I had him covered really well, he was protecting the puck and pushing me or something, then he stopped and did a turnoaround move near the boards like pros do.  and I slashed his skate blade pretty hard.  subtely, tho, so no penalty.
 
we scored, I was a little to the left behind their net.  wide open, took my time, i knew there was a guy directly ahead of me lookin at our net, guy comes to pressure me, backhand, BOOOOOOOOM, easy assist. 
 
2-1.  then they scored sometime later, dont remember how.  then almsot the same play, i was in same spot, backhand it to teh slot though, puck getting bounced around by lots of sticks, goes tbehind a teammate in slot, puck is in left slot, i guess she turned around cuz i saw it hit the back of the net. 
 
then third time, 35 seconds remainging.  i backhand it YET AGAIN from that same spot, and after the puck get jsotled around i see it hit the upper net. 
 
their fourth goal, that D woman comes up and takes a slapper from the point, after that D guy who ahd my number did the protect the puck and then turned around near the boards.  i knew she was wide open, but i was too far away,a dn the two D were in front of her a bit.  she shoots, and the fuckin D man puts his shaft on it, deflects it up, or else the G had it.  goes in.  jesus fuck.  4-2 at that point. but then we scored with 35 sec.
 
then 8 seconds left a faceoff.  yeah dude, faceoffs. i was on fire.  exactly when ref moved his hand I had that opuck back to the D.  every time but once, 85-90% wins.  and im not lying, right when he moved his hand I had that puck moving back. it takes extreme focus. cant imagine being a G in teh NHL, thats some fricken mental exhaustion for 60 min.  playing tNHL 12 is pretty hard and requires focus, imagine that in real life.
 
so im at the O left circle, pulled Goalie, that guy who had my number hit the puck forward, behind me. to our D.  I syell "shoot it!" and he does, goes to the right and hits the boards, I skate hard, and immediately forehand it to net, cuz i knew there were two teammates.  direct pass, ALMOST SCORED. no dice.  great finish.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment