Thursday, April 26, 2012

found it

 
 
As of today my military career is officially coming to an end.  Started my medical evaluation board today.  I have 11 jobs lined up, two of which I am really excited about.  I've already spoken to the recruiters and am set to go, just have to get my DD form 214 showing I cleared the military with an honorable discharge.
 
The job I'm mostly looking forward to is an Armorer position working for a company called Academi (the old blackwater company).  It's $515 dollars per day working on weapons for the department of defense in Afghanistan.  I'll do 90 days there and have 30 days vacation, anything under $100,000 is untaxed.  I figured I would do that on and off until I make a huge chunk of change and get completely out of debt. 
 
 
There are a few other contracting jobs like that I've looked into.  Mostly personal and private security in Afghanistan, Syria, Israel, etc...  Those jobs are 4 months in theatre, 4 months in the states and start at $175,000 a year.   I have all of the qualifications and pre-requisite experience so I'm definitely stoked.
 
My last career option which will be a more permanent job will be either the Pittsburgh or Dallas police force.  Whichever one picks me up first.
 
 
If you guys ever find contracting jobs by doing research let me know so I can try to get my head in the door.
 
 
I'm on CQ all day today until 1000 hours tomorrow so hit me up I'll be bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment