Saturday, December 10, 2011

RE: [Madness Writers] Re: [Madness Writers] 12/10/2011 06:25:00 PM

nice.

Yeah I forgot to tell you - I got a lot of nice assists yesterday. Since I mostly played D, I got a lot of nice breakout passes. When I went up ahead to help in the rush, I'd go for the assist. On the one clear breakaway, I saw a teammate go up RW as I was up the LW, faked the shot and slowly passed it over.. no chance for him 'cause the pass was too slow, but he sucked anyway.

On another would-be breakaway, the teammate passed it too far in front, so I got the rebound off the endboards, turned around and quickly got it back to him as he went right up the middle of the slot, too easy. Tape to tape. I did that alot.. Anytime I was on the LW side of the zone in or near the circle, I would just dangle the puck back and forth and wait for someone to get open. One time I did it, the RW'er was way back near the RD so I lobbed it over to the RW side slowly for him, no D was around, and it still took him a while to get to it. I don't get it, if I see that lane, I'd be taking it.

Another time I was at the point, the only Dman back like usual 'cause nobody likes to stay back, and I received a pass from the RW'er, slid the blade back to catch the puck and quickly wristed it to the LW'er all in one motion. I coulda slap passed it as a one-touch pass but it wouldn't have been very accurate 'cause my pass was at least 50 feet. Either way, the D stood no chance in getting it. And it was pretty much tape to tape.

The only bad pass I made was when a guy passed it from the RW side of the offensive zone to the RD who wasn't there - I was LD, so I skated the whole way back to the endboards to get it, went around the net, saw a man wide open on the LW faceoff circle in the O zone, and threw it to him, something happened where there wasn't enough juice behind the puck and one of the lesser-skilled players came over, reached out his stick, and stopped it. That didnt' make me happy, so I skated as hard as I could to him to make sure he wasn't doing anything wtih it.

The same guy outskated me one time. No idea how. I was on the RW side in the D zone, a guy behind me in the corner threw the puck back to me along the boards but it either was too far over for me or bounced over my stick, don't remember which, so I took off after it. This guy, he's in his 40's, took off, too, and stayed right with me. I wasn't at 100% energy, but I was putting 100% effort into it. Still no idea how he did it. He's not very fast. That was the fastest I ever saw him skate, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment