Thursday, December 8, 2011

yeah, I got hit in the head one time by a much bigger opponent.. I believe I was bent really far forward to poke check the puck away and he skated right into me. Didn't feel very good, I even looked at CJ , the best player in the league who was on my team, and said "that didn't feel very good." yeah, he's a big boy. that's what he said. Probably a concussion. Very minor if it was.

Then, when I was a much better skater, I went to forecheck a Dman with the puck on the breakout, he was in his own LW faceoff circle and I was on the RW so I turned and chased after him, he skated straight the whole time. As I got to him, I bent down low to poke the puck while he put his elbow up, right into my head. Not sure if it was a concussion. I never really felt weird that I remember.

The worst injury I've had was by far the time I went to get the puck on the boards with my backhand, and the blade got stuck under the boards somehow (their endboards on the side closest to the doors are terrible.. the puck would always hit a part that would make it go outward rather than continuing around the boards, and I've seen guys hit a section with their skate and fall or come close to it). Meanwhile, the shaft was at my stomach/rib.. it got me good. It must have looked bad 'cause even the opponent who was closest to me got the puck and then stopped playing, looked at me and asked if I was OK. I said, "No, not really" and skated to the bench pretty slowly.. well, slower than I normally would. After that for a few weeks, any time I went over the bench to get on/off the rink, my stomach would hurt a lot. I definitely bruised the abdominal muscle and probably the rib ligaments. I felt a twitch in that area last week when I bent over to get my shoes on.. first time I've felt it since probably the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment