Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Dang dude

Check this out.. ordered http://www.amazon.com/Twinlab-Protein-Chocolate-Surge-Pound/dp/B000GC7DKC/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1302063268&sr=1-1

subscribed to get it shipped once a month to my house and you save 15%, but hahaha, you can cancel anytime.  I'll let it come once a month, see how often I use it.. I still have most of one of the two containers from 2 years ago.  

Bought a lot of tuna, noodles, yogurt, cottage cheese, lettuce, nuts/seeds (high in protein but also high in fat, definitely can't eat a lot.. sunflower seeds are the cheapest so I'd go with those if I were you, put 'em on a salad, eat a few as a snack), some canned chicken (0.5 g Fat, 17 g protein or something ridiculous like that, emily said it tastes bad but I'll be the judge.. hopefully it's good 'cause I'll stock up on it next time), some frozen chicken which has a lot of fat, some beef for when the other stuff gets old.  Meatballs are really high in protein (2g per meatball) .. didn't check the fat content.  Shredded Wheat has 5 g of protein per 1 cup.. I know I eat at least 2 cups in the morning .. actually measured it tongiht and it was just over 2 cups.. a lot of starches, no fat.  probably the best cereal to eat.  It's even better than oatmeal which is bland tasting and same amount of protein.  Bought some eggs, cottage cheese, that's about it.  Tuna = 0.68 or 0.72 cents per 22/23 g of protein, so it's comparable to a protein shake (25g protein for about 0.42).  Looked up a recipe online for making protein bars which is a hell of a lot cheaper than buying 'em.  Put protein mix, oatmeal or flour, and nut butter (preferably peanut) mix it up at a 1:1:1 ratio and freeze it..  I'll add some seeds.  GOnna do that sometime in the near future to test it out.  

Downloaded most of Insanity, the P90X-like video.. all I can say is, man, that's a workout.. everybody gets too tired and stops a lot.  Everybody, even the people who are ripped.  Even the main guy is huffin and puffing when talking sometimes.. it's no joke, man.  I might do the upper body parts of it on days when I don't play hockey or after hockey or something.. can't be more than 45 minutes.  What else am I gonna do.  Screw TV and that stuff.

You can come up here if you want.. We'll be moving on Friday, April 22nd, that's the plan anyway.  We'd be mostly moving, I dont think I'll be playing hockey.  Gotta let my back rest.  Moving shouldn't take too long.. if my back isn't good, it'll take longer.  We'll see.  It's really tight, sucks.  

have fun man, gotta wake up in less than 4.5 hours..

No comments:

Post a Comment