Thursday, March 3, 2011

hockey

so, hockey was kind of a waste. I don't nkow, I feel tired all the time and today it really made me not feel like I wanted to go.  Add in the fact that I felt not many people were gonna show up, and a lot of the guys aren't very good.. it gets frustrating and feels like a waste.  We played for maybe 30 minutes before the high school kids practiced, and I was on the shit team.. only one other guy could do anything, but he's not that good.  so I would take the puck up myself, and, since i rarely ever had anyone to pass the puck to, I would go around the net and either pass to the point, or end up losing the puck (gotta work on that backhand-on-the-puck-while-skating-and-turning-right, it's not that bad, could be a bit better).  The other team had 4 good kids.. so even the goalie was sayin to them "you guys gotta switch up teams.. I like blocking all these shots and all, but it's not fun for the other goalie."  I was thinking screw that, it's not much fun for anyone.  Well, the goalie would be havin' fun stopping shots, I guess.  We took their best player, not sure why, I said to give us another player who wasn't as good but still good at hockey.  

If I played offense, the guys would lose the puck really quickly and then I wouldn't be able to defend, so they'd get a breakaway.  If I played defense, we couldn't get the puck out of the zone, and then they'd get a 2 on 1 breakaway which I can stop, but you can't stop 'em all.  i can see why kids and even pros would lose the passion for the game after a while.  I feel like i"m kinda losin' some of the motivation 'cause the only way to get better is to play with better players.. work on passing, shooting, 

I make some of the kids look a lot better, but you can't shoot, pass, or dangle for them.. putting the puck on their blade makes 'em look a lot better, that's for sure.  

And this open curve, it's not that bad.  I'm already used to it.  It's much easier to shoot it over the crossbar if you aim high, but after you figure it out after a shot or two, you konw where to put the puck.

I was practicing breakaways on the goalies.. it was hard for me to go up the middle and fake going left and then cutting hard right.. I did it once, and the goalie laid out right where I was about to go (he missed the poke), and I tripped over him, landing on my right wrist and left shoulder.. left shoulder hurts man.  I sat down for 5 minutes after that, didn't feel good.  Got shot in the back of the leg right behind the knee.  Guy was going to take a shot so I turned my back to him to protect my front.  

These shooting boards aren't bad at all.  gonna try to put 'em together tonight. already gettin' tired

No comments:

Post a Comment