Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Other things that happened during the game:

- Somehow the puck got turned over in the offensive zone, with me getting the puck.. there was a defensemen in front to my left, a teammate 20 feet in front going to the goal, and a defensemen behind him (he turned it over to me).  So once the puck comes to me, I quickly passed it to the teammate but it was too hard of a pass.. I tried to do it so it would go to maybe 10 feet in front of the goalie and stop so he could pick it up and get the easy shot.  Ah well.

- Dished out 2 one-timers from the goal line.. both passes went higher than expected.. first one-timer, the teammate was wide open, he hit the puck out of the air and it bounced to the goal, but the goalie somehow got it.. no idea how, the puck bounced pretty high.

- Won one faceoff by faking forehand and going backhand right before the ref dropped the puck.. the other faceoff guy had no clue what I was doing, so I won that one pretty easily to the RD.  

- Won another faceoff by going forehand, turned my body into him and quickly dished it to the LD.. it was so quick that he almost didn't get it, had to immediately put his stick down.  I wouldn't have expected it either.

- At least two of the faceoffs that I 'lost' went to my RD 'cause I'd go backhand and the other guy would go forehand.. he'd hit it forward instead of backwards.

6 minute shifts are no joke, man.  No way you could do that on a consistent basis and be effective.  

We were up 2-0, then tied 2-2, 3-2, 3-3, 4-3, then it went to 6-4.  I was out there for the final 1.5-2 minutes, got in front of the goalie with maybe 30 seconds left, teammate takes the puck from the RW side up to the RW point and cuts across the top of the circles, shoots it down on the ground and must have went 5 hole.  Goalie never saw it.  I never saw where it went, but I saw it go in the net.  7-4, game over.  No idea how that team got ranked 3rd.  We beat 'em 7-1 the first time, and 7-4 this time.  They have one of the better players on their team.

- An opponent took the puck up the LW side, a teammate poked the puck, and I got it since I was trailing the play.. another teammate comes over to get it but sees that I got it so he takes off, so I quickly backhand it to him.. perfect pass that went between 2 Dmen and in front of him, so he could keep his momentum.

- At the very end of the game, I reached out really far to stop a pass on the forecheck, and I ended up running into the guy, hitting him with my left shoulder.  Luckily I was wearing tshoulder pads.  However, I got thrown into the air, stick came outta my hand, landed on my back or left side or something, I don't know, I didn't feel it with all my pads on.  

Fun stuff.  Oh yeah, it's nice that we won, 'cause we have next week, and then the week after, they have the free evaluation , so even if we lose next week, there's free play the week after.   And then the next season starts the very next week.  So no breaks.  Maybe it would have been nice to lose last night just so I could take off the next 2 weeks to make sure my back stays good.

No comments:

Post a Comment