Tuesday, March 1, 2011

quick game update

Hey man, sent you a text.  Screened the goalie thrice, goals each time.  That's while playing D 'cause I would go up on O and do my thing, then quickly come back on D.. left the other D hanging a few times, but man, with some of those guys out there on O, they need my help.  Or anybody's help.  After the game, the 2nd best player on the team told me to go back to O and for the guy who plays D regularly to go back to D 'cause he switched with me tonight.  Said we're both better in our respective positions.  I dont konw man, we gave up 1 goal while i was on D.  and it was 'cause on the faceoff, the 2nd best player (plays D) went for the puck, hit it back so I went to get it .. was between me and another guy on the other team, he got it first and went wide to my right, I skated to him but he shot it when I was about to block any type of forward momentum, and it went 5 hole, 'cause the goalie never frickin' blocks that entry point.  Ah well, should have been a shutout.  

The first screen, best player slaps it from center court, I'm way ahead 'cause he never passes (most of the time I was way behind in case he coughed it up), I was gonna try to redirect it down but it was so high and it was coming straight for me, I quickly moved out of the way and turned my back in case I did get hit, luckily it went past me and into the net.  

on D, I almost gave up one goal, I had to stop a few 2 on 1s.. the one, I was in between the two attackers, puck goes across my feet, hit it with my stick but it deflected diagonally instead of sideways so it went to the other attacker, wide open net but he hit the post.    A few other times, I went on my knees to block the pass, works a lot.  ALthough, the one time, the puck hit the toe of my skate and came up.. man, if it wasn't for my toe, that would have been a goal against.  BUt yeah, you can stay out there 6 minutes until you're dead, and that's skating on O a lot.  The best player wanted me to come off after 2 minutes, this was after the other two Dmen were out there for 6 minutes.  i was like "screw that" and stayed out there for 4 minutes.  I wanna play, too.  

The only bad pass I tried to receive, the puck was coming from my right and going to my left skate.. I did the patented slide-the-right-hand-to-the-bottom-of-the-shaft and stop it, but somehow it hit the toe of the blade and kept going.  I wish I had someone to help work on passing while skating hard.  Ah well.  Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment