Saturday, September 1, 2012

http://thelastpsychiatrist.com/2012/09/the_harvard_cheating_scandal_i.html damn, if this isn't a direct attack on the uselessness of college and academia, I don't know what is. I think every sentence connects directly on the center of the ball for the home run, the grand slam, the inside parker. The guy can think, that's for sure, even though most of his articles are pointless.

Too bad it was obvious to anybody that went to college. "need at least 5 references for an A" right there, what do you think's gonna happen? students are gonna have similar quotes/text references/citations. how's that cheating? i doubt that all 125 people collaborated for a mass cheating collusion, but i guarantee that at least some of them did. why not? intro level course, why waste your time? I cheated in World History I and 2.. definitely cheated on all of the 2 tests, I believe.. got my A, learned nothing, gained nothing, would have been the same as if I studied. I remember telling Ms. Sara (the psychology professor, cool woman) in psychology of personality that I could not find one useful reason for having taken that class. She gave me one , and I said something like, "Ok, sure, out of trivia games, I can't find a useful reason for it except maybe to understand history, but this stuff doesn't even relate to the current world." I could see she didnt' feel like debating which was fine with me 'cause it wasn't gonna change my mind anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment