Thursday, June 27, 2013

Overall, almost one-fifth of the total job growth since the recession ended in mid-2009 has been in the temp sector, federal data shows. But according to the American Staffing Association, the temp industry's trade group, the pool is even larger: Every year, a tenth of all U.S. workers finds a job at a staffing agency.

 On average, temps earn 25 percent less than permanent workers.

This guy's argument fails big time.  I can't really put my finger on it, but I'll say this - going a bit slower than traffic to kill a traffic jam is only going to allow more cars to get in front of you. And you're not killing the traffic jam.. you're still getting to your destination at the same time but moving more of that time. so what?    Sure, the idiots that weave in and out of traffic and pass a few cars to get ahead are only wasting their gas and break pads, but they're going to continue to do it.  Why do I do it when I do? because the  person in front of me with 100 feet btween them and the car in front is going to allow 20 cars in front of them by the time i get to the tunnel .  I might be moving at a constant speed, but I'm losing time.  20 cars isn't a big deal, but it's frustrating 'cause every other  driver can maintain a 20-30 foot distance between each other with no problem.  Rarely do I see cars do ridiculously stupid stuff, but it happens. Just to get 5 seconds ahead.  

No comments:

Post a Comment