Wednesday, May 18, 2011

As far as a hockey setup, I'd focus mostly on stickhandling.  Shooting drills might help with accuracy, but they're pretty pointless unless you have the stickhandling down.  Trust me, you can always improve your handling skills.  I really need to work on mine if I ever wanna get better, that's what's really separating me from the great guys.
 
Dude, the one guy on our team, he's incredible and he doesn't even show off.  One time, he was skating, looks to the right, he's a left-hander, scoops the puck on his backhand BEHIND him and pushes it to his forehand behind his back ONE HANDEd.  all while taking off.  At least three times he got the puck in the crease while skating forward and had to quickly go to a backwards skating position and drag the puck on his backhand to get the easy netter.. 3 goals that way.  He's incredible, fun to watch. Really fast.  Doesn't brag, never even talks.
 
My first shift was 3.5 minutes.  Wanted it to be shorter but twice when I went to the bench, I couldn't 'cause I had to play D.

No comments:

Post a Comment