Monday, May 23, 2011

hockey tonight

At the point, I got the puck, tried to go between the defenseman's legs but he kicked it and got a breakaway so I backchecked him.. right as he was about to pull the trigger, I lifted his stick.. everybody was going crazy, mostly 'cause the guy is really good and couldn't score any goals all night.  They were hootin' and hollerin' 'cause he was still scoreless, hah.  it was pretty difficult to catch him, takes a lot of will power and energy.

Two times, I forechecked their puck carrier which resulted in a collision.  First incident - guy is on his LD boards and going up ice, so I get in front of him and put my stick to the right along the boards so he couldn't bounce it off to himself nor could he pass up the boards on his forehand.  He goes to bounce it off the boards anyway and tries to go around me but ends up running into me.  I must have landed on my left elbow 'cause it's sore.

Second incident - guy is crossing the center line so I get in front of him, he tries to go right to left (my left to right) on his backhand like most newbs and couldn't pull it off and ran into me.  I'm doin' my job of stopping them, it's not my fault.  I never ask if they're OK, just get up and go back to playin'.

I know I scored the most goals out of everybody tonight.  Two one-timers, breakaway far side, forecheck the loose puck into the empty goal, and high slot wrister top right.  Too easy.

I got a lot of poke checks.  A lot of the time, I just poke it without really thinking.  it's like an automatic reflex that when I see a loose puck on a stick or a move about to be made, I put my stick in the way or right on the puck to push it away.



No comments:

Post a Comment