Thursday, October 11, 2012

played like 6 games of nhl.. let's just say that won't be happening anymore.  first game i win in OT.  
    2nd game - 9xx to 4xx TOA, 2:1 faceoff ratio, 29:5 shots and he wins in OT.. you serious? fuck that.
    3rd game was purely for a W.   Completely dominating the game and I was losing 3-1 so I quit. all bullshit goals.
    4th game - again for a W.   I dont know wtf was going on, but he got a goal from poking my dman (had the puck) and it goes in. then i go to pass with my goalie and he puts it in his own net.. i was again down 3-1 so i quit. fuck that shit. not even fucking fair.
    5th game , i wasn't goin' out without a win.  completely dominated the guy.. 8 min to 3 min TOA, something like 25 to 12 shots, i lose in OT 2-1.
    6th game, played the same guy as in the 5th game.  beat him 3-0. finally got what i desrved, and yes i mean deserved. i don't know what the fuck you gotta do to score sometimes.  it comes down to one thing and one thing only - goalies. they're too fucking arbitrary. make the goalies do the same thing in every situation and it's the only way to make versus fair.  it would open up exploits but at least it would come down to defense instead of random shit.  exploits can be shut down. shitty goalies can't be stopped.


so I went to the gym today to do some deadlifts. my max lift was 215 lbs, not bad for not really doing them too often over the summer.  My max squat was 185 which makes no sense, how can my back/hammies be stronger than my quads/thighs?  Then again, squats are definitely more difficult 'cause it's more stressful holding the bar on the back (takes a lot of grip/upper back strength).  Anyway, so I did 5 reps of 95, 115, 135 lbs (warmup), then 5 reps of 135 and 155, and go into too tired at 175 lbs.  After 17 or 18, I couldn't hold the bar anymore, my grip strength was done.  so I pumped out enough for 25.  My back was getting tired, but my grip failed me.  

Looks like I'll be gaining strength real quick.  Maybe Jim can make some comments on this stuff, but here's what I think - anybody that does any kind of single-motion / isolation exercise is an idiot.  e.g. bicep curls, tricep extensions, quad extension. it's all useless unless maybe you're a bodybuilder for show, or i guess just wanna show 'em off but that's not strength. gotta go with the compound movements, full obdy exercises are obviously the best.    i love doin' dips but they kill my shoulders, especially my left. think about it- when am I ever going to lift something with only my bicep or triceps?  never. 

No comments:

Post a Comment