Thursday, July 7, 2011

Re: [Madness Writers] 7/07/2011 10:51:00 AM

there's a game cube here at the goodwill for 15, but no controller.
power and av cable (the old nintendo style video cord, hahahhaah)

it says 88 here and feels like 94 with humidity i guess. fuck that
man, its fuckin hot. i never go outside anymore. too fuckin hot man,
no outher way to put it. at least high 90s if not 100.

i was outside for like 10 minutes driving up to meet heather across
base, lookin at the civilian jobs. felt tired from that. too hot.

yeah, the whole touching, so stupid. what a lame reason. I noticed
Jacob touched everyone when he met them when they were younger (except
for Locke when he got pushed out the window by his dad). heather
watched a lot more than me, she wastched like 7 episodes yesterday.
half the season almost. she said "there's small, detailed connections
FOR EVERYTHING, but nothing matters, what a stupid show". and i
mentioned "what show you wanna watch now?" and she said "anything
because Im just glad Lost is over because it was so pointless."

played some halo. there was one map, great design. not sure the
name, reminded me of the one map in Halo 3 with the two sniper towers
with teh snipers underneath, the map where that guy got 4 headshots on
one sniper shot. i got 2 headshots with one shot on the one map.

halo isnt a bad game, would be more fun with people i knew.
definitely a team game, nothing like Call of Duty (thats why CoD is
the most popular, u can be rambo). got some of the new maps, one was
pretty lame. too open spaces and invisible barriers between
space/indoors. another map had that but everyone meets in the middle,
wasnt as bad.


here's a basic synopsis of lost, if you apply this principle to most
of the stuff, such as Walt's powers (maybe a very bad
introduction/foreshadowing of hte electromagnetic forces on the
island, terribly terribly connected, a far reach):
"THE WIDMORE/ BEN LINUS CONUNDRUM

In the end, I think the Lost writers went for "It is what it is,"
approach with the mystical rules governing the Island; they are
convenient plot devices that support the story at various points, but
don't really hold up when looked at in conjunction with the entire
series. The Widmore/Linus conundrum is simply one of those holes – a
weak point of the Lost mythology, for sure."

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 1:51 PM, Madness <nayrrizdaed@gmail.com> wrote:
> Josh said he might have more than 1 GameCube.. gonna go buy Zelda Wind Waker
> for free from GameStop with my PowerCard.. why not. At some point, anyway.
> No interest right now, too nice outside..
>
> Dude, it's been hot as heck outside yesterday and today and I'm stuck in
> either my car or the office.
>
> Dang, gonna be 89 on Sunday.. great day to be in the pool..
>
> Pools might not be worth it financially, but man it's a GREAT reason to be
> outside.. lounge out in the pool with my Kindle while I get a tan. Mom said
> she's never seen me this tan.
>
> So, let me respond to this Lost stuff.. First off, no point to the island
> other than to keep the Man in Black on the island, but where did the twins'
> fake mother come from? That's what I wanna know.. that would answer
> everything, probably. As far as the sideways reality, it was just purgatory
> wtih no rhyme or reason.. nobody knows anything until they touch each
> other..
>
> Wtih the Fate or Free WIll, I dont' remember that.. but yeah, Fate will win
> every time.. I'm guessing Jacob said something about Fate and Free Will
> which would immediately ruin the suspense if he did.
>
> NHL 12 - who cares about realistic puck physics.. NHL 2K 11 has realistic
> puck physics. Hard game as hell. That Wii MotionPlus makes it harder 'cause
> you can't really dangle.. you ca ngo left right left right but it's nothin'
> like in the EA series with going between the legs and stuff.. you can
> supposedly pull off 1 on 1 dekes by shaking the nunchuk but I never did it..
> you can lift the puck on the blade and juggle it but You'd never do that in
> a game.
>
> Online is gay.. you have to add peoples' friend codes and they have to add
> you for you to be able to play online.. so how do you lpay online? you go to
> 2ksports.com forum and go to the thread wtih friend codes.. so gay.
>
> I played one game yesterday against the CPU.. no games online 'cause I
> didn't hav ethe codes (that's what that other email is). If you take a Dman
> out of position, you can pretty mcuh guarantee an oddman rush.. take both
> out, and it's a guaranteed breakaway.. there's no hustle button but somehow
> the AI pushes the puck in front of them for a speed boost, no idea how to do
> it.
>
> The game moves way too fast, defnitiely faster than EA sports. The AI is
> pretty bad. You can use one guy to go end to end every time if you want..
> once I cross the blue line I don't know what to do 'cause I can't dangle and
> shooting involves holding in the trigger button and swinging the
> controller.. it's why everyone says it's impossible to get a rebound goal
> though I actually did get one.
>
> I was losing 2-0, 3-1, then came back and tied it up with like a minute
> left. My last goal, I'm going up the middle but slightly on the left side..
> right handed skater, I put the stick to the right and shot it bottom right
> 'cause the goalie left the whole right side open. Boom, too easy. The 2nd
> goal was a rebound, I go to shoot but the guy doesn't shoot and he skates
> away from the net from slot to R point and shoots it from inside the circle
> for a far-side goal, goalie was screened I guess. (The goalies move a lot
> more realistically, that's for sure.) First goal, I come from behind the net
> from RW side and shoot it bottom right.. puck hits the post and trickled
> in.. a cheese goal just like in EA except when he shot it, there was no
> power at all, no idea how it went in.
>
> It's hard to get a good shot 'cause by th etime you move the controller for
> a wrister, it takes at least a half second for the player to shoot it.. by
> then, the angle's covered. I was repeatedly going far side but no dice
> except the game tying goal.
>
> If
>
> I asked the guys in teh thread if they use the MotionPlus or a regular
> controller.. we'll see what they say.
>
> Played the Conduit, the best FPS game on the Wii, online.. first 10 or 15
> games I was terrible mostly 'cause the games would lag like hell.. there's
> no status bar to show you a ping so who knows. Then, all of a suddy, I
> played 5 games and went 2:1 in 4 of them, the other game I got 4 kills and 1
> death in 10 minutes 'cause it was too laggy.. my kills were all by headshot
> from the BR-type weapon or else I wouldn't have gotten any. Wont' be playin'
> that game a lot, it's like a Halo basically.. recharging health, futuristic
> weapons, nothin' to shake a stick at. The single player is actually decent,
> though. I wouldnt' replay it, but I'll probably beat it at some point.
>
> --
> Posted By Madness to Madness Writers at 7/07/2011 10:51:00 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment