Wednesday, August 17, 2011

http://www.pensuniverse.com/2011/08/kimbo-slice-vs-brent-johnson.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PensUniverse+%28Pens+Universe%29&utm_content=Google+Reader   I don't remember the one punch KO of DiPietro.. no wonder the Isles were so mad the next game, hahahaha.  It really wasn't a KO, more of a "I just broke your orbital bone in one punch".. no idea what DiPietro was doin', not protecting himself.  It doesn't look like a KO either 'cause DiPietro falls to protect himself 'cuse he realizes he got hurt (broken eye bone, yeah that would hurt).
 
 
 
 
So I was playin' the one guy last night,he wasn't bad at all.  I had shutdown D.  he had decent D, not as good as me.  I got the 5 minute major in the 1st period and had to kill it off so of course I was messin' around wtih the puck, making sure he wasn't gettin' it.  It was obvious after that PK that he was gonna do the same during his PK's.  He coudl never get through the neutral zone with my trap.. I always had one guy, usually the center or a winger, skate freely to stop his advance so the only thing he really could do was pass it from L to R or from R to L where the guy would be open 'cause the D doesn't go wide enough to stop those passes (true in real life, too).  Then he'd hold in Y on the boards to prevent the check so after 1 or 2 times of that, it was easy to just hold in Y with him.. I hate when you boardplay and when you go to poke check the puck to steal it, they get away. or they flat out get away for no reason.
      He gets a few one on ones in the slot with a dman and shoots it, any of them could have gone in.  Whoever scored a goal was gonna win 'cause the D was too impenetrable for a high shooting game.I got a lot of 2 on 1's but couldn't score.  I got at least one breakaway.
 
 
I played a 2nd guy, won 5-2.  I was up 3-0 (2 of these were because just as he was changing D lines, I passed to the RW [his bench was on the L], got two breakaways. first with Malkin, hold the stick back L and shoot far L.. 2nd was I think Dupuis and did something similar), stopped one of his cross-crease passes by poking the puck which deflects slowly to my goalie and somehow goes 5 hole.. any NHL who did that would have been fired on the spot.  No big deal, 3-1.  Get a breakaway wtih Geurin I think, hold in back hand and skate up the middle slightly right, go forehand top shelf.  4-1.  Then, somehow he gets a breakaway, no idea how, so I just let him go, he skates really wide and the goalie didnt' even attempt to move over.  4-2, oh well.  Then he pulls his goalie with 110 left 'cause I slashed him.  6 on 4, I wasn't gonna mess around, I wasn't losin'.  So I dump the puck, no goal.  Get the puck again, shoot it from center court, miss.  somehow I checked him as he comes down the ice and get the puck, skate up the R side and protect the puck, go to about the mid slot from R circle and shoot, 5-2.
 
One thing that I always mention is that you gotta change your lines a lot.. if the line is yellow, that's too tired.  Even more than probably 2 missing green bars is too tired.Maybe 3.  Sometimes I'll change if it's one missing green bar if the other 2 or 3 lines are fresh just to keep it fresh unless it's the first line.. you NEVER change the first F line if they're not tired 'cause that's your bread and butter line.  You gotta change lines during play, and during every whistle.  During play, I always change forwards when on the breakout, and change D on a dump in or turnover behind their goal line.  They might get an easier advance out of their zone, but it's still hard for them to get out of the neutral zone.. and even if they do that, they can't get any quality shots.  At least not with our D play.
 
If the puck's in the neutral zone, you can change the D line if you're about to enter their zone, or you can change the F zone if you have them trapped well enough, but I wouldnt' really recommend it.  I've done it, but that's only 'cause i've never played against anybody that's clearly better than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment