Sunday, January 9, 2011

hockey fun

last monday i didnt have any pads cuz i figured i'd be alone at the
rink. then the brothers showed up, we played some 3 on 3. and i got
a nice puck to the shin. then a bit later the older brother barely
hits me on the left side of my left leg a few inches away from the
shin wound. then the next day i have my shin pads and thigh pads and
he hits me i nthe back of the thighs. no luck for me.

then today, im wearing all these pads and i step in front of a slapper
and it hits me between the padding of my right leg. that didnt feel
good at all. a red mark, probably turn purple tomorrow. and i was
showing that young 01 year old yesterday how to do the hockey turn, he
tried it but kept his feet together, u relaly gotta spread your legs
out to turn sharper, and it does feel like you're gonna stop, you
definitely slow down if you put too much pressure on your feet, i dont
know if theres a way to keep the pressure off. good way to practice
stopping, probably.

anyway, i went to teach him and as i went to get the puck from the net
i turned on the crease, which is paint, on concrete, with my rubber
wheels. got 3 bruises on my right knee area. i didnt care, but the
dad was like "yeah, u turned on that paint" and we had a good chuckle.
i got up like nothing happened, intent on teachin the hockey turn.
that kid just needs to bend his knees more, though he does have them
bent, just seems stiff though. he's got the desire, just needs some
better equipment...uses a stick wit those plastic blades. can't knock
him, he's playin and actually doesnt suck for a 10 year old. better
than older folks that were in my skating classes and that Delta
league. doesnt come across as a natural athlete, but he could make a
fine grinder...hah

No comments:

Post a Comment