Wednesday, January 19, 2011

video

There's a video of me skating on Facebook.  16 or 17 seconds.  You can see me do the hockey turn, some quick stickhandling, a perfect backhand pass to my shit teammate on the RW side.  he didn't put any passion into that play, let the backchecker (that's the really fast older guy) intercept the pass.  I don't think I knew that guy was there or else I wouldn't have passed it.  At the very end, the best guy on the team stops the older guy from attacking, gets the puck, and passes it to me but it was like 5 feet behind me which is why I put my stick way out and then I'm going to the net.. end scene. 

Good stuff

Today at hockey was awesome.  I was backchecking like crazy.  These guys were fast, but I'd catch 'em and stick lift from behind or poke the puck.  The one kid, best on the other team, he never fucking plays D, he's like KovalCHOKE.  always at the point waiting for the breakaway.  WEll, nobody ever plays D so I do it.. it's good to work on skills but it's not that exciting.  Anyway, so he was pissing me off, doing all kinds of dekes and generally not playing D.  So I backcheck him 3 times in a row.  The first time, I came from behind and I think lifted his stick.  He was about to go for the shot, too.  1 down.  2nd time, he has a Dman in front and is going from Right to Left.. I'm on his left, so he can't go left, so he lets the puck go and pushes me.. I was like wtf, I'm playing good D here.  Evidently he was pissed.  then, the third time, he gets a breakaway so I take off after him, I was tired of that no D shit.  so he lines up for a slapper, and right when he lifts his stick, I slashed it from above.  He looked at me and got really pissed but never said anything.  I can't help it man, if you're gonna play hard and not play D and deke these noobs with the behind-the-back-to-the-front-between-the-legs move, I'm gonna shut you down.

I backchecked anotehr guy good a few times, that douche a few more times.  It's too easy if you play with heart.  Trust me, these guys weren't taking it easy.

Wore a heart rate monitor.  Rate was never less than 160 when skating hard, I never saw it go above 187 .. Last night, it must have been 190 or 200, 'cause I was skating just as hard but for much longer.  

There was one shit kid on the other team, but it didn't affect the game 'cause everybody was pretty equally skilled.. the other team kept fucking cherry picking . It gets old fast.. our team wouldn't even go after them if they did that shit.  Once or twice, ok. but not the whole 2.5 hours.  

Finally, I was working on toe drags after everyone left.  It's much harder on skates.  I can't consistently do it, yet.  WHen I do, game over.

STickhandling around people is easy once I learned how to skate and dangle simultaneously.  

Oh, one more thing.  The best kid on the other team doing those dekes and not playing D, near the end, he pulls the puck back behind his body and is skating really slowly toward me.. I knew he was gonna try to go between his legs with the puck so I waited patiently.  When he got close enough, he probably thought I was gonna make a move toward the puck.. screw that, so he did what I thought, goes between his legs, and I hit his stick pretty hard when the puck came out, puck goes the other way.. I skate hard, go down , pass it gently to the middle for a teammate, easy goal.  Perfect play.  I wish my teammates on the Tuesday league was actually good.  It'd make it easier to do things.  Oh well. it's still fun.

gotta work thursday and friday.  off the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment