Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Re: [Madness Writers] hockey

took a nap atr lunch for an hour, felt amazing.

ill write more after class, going to watch this kid's brothers play a
few hours away this weekend, should be fun. doesnt matter that i wont
play on Sunday, hockey all weeken,. boooom!

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 11:27 AM, Madness <nayrrizdaed@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://waikikihockey.blogspot.com/2008/07/waikiki-hockey-hall-of-fame.html
>
> http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Video-Dana-Tyrell-gets-Phaneuf-d-seconds-into-L?urn=nhl-312489
>
> Nadal lost in Australia OPen Finals.  wow, he's good, too.  Hopefully,
> Federer takes it all home.
>
> Shared some articles on reader.. i'll read 'em tonight or tomorrow at lunch.
>
> Hockey is a waste of my time now.  My team is utterly useless.  We had 9
> guys, for some reason I still played like half of the game.. the other guys
> weren't taking hte initiative to go out, so I did.  One time, I played
> defense for 2 or 3 minutes.. go to the bench. everybody's looking around and
> someone said "you wanna go next?" lookin' at me, so I didn't say anything
> and went out, haha.
>
> My wheels might be really gettin' really bad, I fell two times for no reason
> on sharp turns.  The one time, it was between the benches and the other team
> said "that looked like a nasty fall".. didnt' hurt or anything, but it was
> weird going down for no reason.  my back wheels, the big 100mm ones, were
> definitely acting suspicious at points.
>
> Probably about 10 minutes into the game, I'm going after the puck behind the
> other teams' net when I get pushed from behind for no reason.  A guy on the
> other team got the puck first so I was going after him, and the guy who
> originally pushed me goes around the net in front and comes and slams into
> me again.. ref puts his arm up and blows the whistle as he pushed me into
> the boards.. I yelled "JESUS FUCK!"  I mean, there was no need for it, I
> wasn't battling the guy, I was going for the guy wtih the puck.  Got a
> penalty out of it, thankfully.  Interference, hah.  We coudln't do much on
> the PP, though.  We couldnt' do anything at all other than that.  Somehow we
> managed 3 goals, I was out there for one but I couldn't tell you how any of
> them went in.  I think one was a one timer across the crease, could be
> wrong.
>
> The other team's goalie was a complete douche.  He kept talking during the
> game, saying things like "Go score, I want the assist" .. "You FINALLY
> scored? FINALLY?" when it was 5-0.  I was forechecking the guy, come around
> the front of the net as he goes behind so he stops and I go around hte other
> side to him and the goalie says "make him chase you, yeah!" At one point I
> deked two of their players.. first deke I faked a pass right and went left,
> I sold it completely.. guy had no chance of stopping me.  Second guy was
> their best player so I looked right and went left again, he comes from
> behind and slashes my stick from the side and hit my skate so I went down, I
> probably coulda stayed up but either way, I wouldn't have been able to
> manage the puck.  Goalie yells "That's a trip! TRIP!" bein' sarcastic.  The
> guys on my team were saying stuff like "if he continues this during the 3rd
> period, I'm gonna charge him"  haha.. it didn't bother me personally, but it
> was extremely unsporstmanlike.  The only thing I said was, after getting on
> the bench, "That goalie's a real douche."  there was no need for it.  I
> refused to shake hands at the end of the game 'cause of those antics.  Even
> mom was saying he was a dick.  I'll see him next Wednesday at stickTime
> probably, I'll definitely say something to him about it.  Just say something
> like "Be respectful, have fun, dont' be a sore winner next time."
>
> When I played D, I think they scored one goal. Maybe two.  When I wasn't D,
> they scored 10.  D sucks, man.  no energy used.  Like I said before, I
> played D for 2 or 3 minutes, then went back out when nobody volunteered and
> played O for 2.5 minutes.  It'd be nice if we could do 1 minute shifts,
> 'cause then I could ctually skate hard the whole time.  After a few shifts,
> the body definitely slows down at points.  You can't go 100% the whole time.
>
> I got one perfect cross crease pass from the best player on the team, but I
> dind't have my stick in the proper angle.. it was down but pointing straight
> instead of toward the goal, so it went just wide.  There was another time
> the best lpayer had the puck on the LW side and I was going up the middle..
> yelled "SLOT!" and he passed it like 10 feet in front so I had to reach out
> as far as I could, stop it with my backhand, then quickly take a shot.  top
> right, no dice.
>
> on a Penalty Kill, I played stay at home D, cleared the puck 3 times I
> think.  The one time, I lifted the puck over the head of a defender and just
> above a teammate who took off, he hit it down with his hand and got a nice
> shot off.  well, it wasn't a beauty or anything, not like it was gonna go
> in.   Then, we were actually cycling the puck on the PK, me at the point.
> the same kid had the puck and gave it to me, nobody in front so I skated up
> a few strides and wrist shot it bottom left, right where there was a
> defender in front of the goalie.  The defender missed it, and i knew he
> would 'cause he wasn't good, but the goalie went down and it hit his leg pad
> or else it would have been perfect.  Ah well.
>
> One time, I went up LW side, did a crossover to the right, then quickly cut
> back left and when the defender was completely in front of me and the
> goalie, I shot it top right.. goalie gloved it, not sure how he saw it.
> most of the time they don't.
>
> at the very end of the game, 10 seconds left, best lpayer on RD passes it
> off the boards to me on RW (I hate that, just pass it to me directly.. it's
> much easier to get the pass and to make the pass, I think, dont' have to
> account for the angle on the boards).  I reach out and stop it with my
> forehand, cut left .. a defender is sorta in the way but not really.  by
> this point I thought there was only like 2 seconds left so I shot it middle
> right.. it was a perfectly placed shot, but the goalie knew I was going
> there and already put his glove out.  I was lookin' at the goalie the whole
> time and top left, so  I thought it would fake him.  Obviously, it dind't.
> Look up, still 2.5 seconds on the clock ,so  I went to the bench, grabbed my
> towel, drink, and puck, and went to the locker room with another guy who
> refused to shake their hands.
>
> Stats aren't up, but I know we're playing one of the worst teams next week.
> We'll see if that hcanges anything.  After the game, I told mom that I'd
> rather just play 3 hours on Tuesday rather than the league games, see if I
> could request to get my money back and put it toward that, that's how bad
> this team is.  I kept telling the team, "We have no O and no D, we're never
> gonna win.  It might sound pessimistic, but this is the reality of the
> situation."  Another guy was like "we have no puck possession, you can't win
> with no possession."  We have nothing.  Me, the best player, and a new guy
> last ngiht who is probably better than me but not by much.  The other kids
> can't shoot, can't pass, and can't receive passes, and they don't skate
> hard.  So what's the point.  I'm not gonna teach 'em how to play.  It's not
> that hard.
>
> Gotta go to 4 more hours of fun class.  SuperFreakonomics - they're washed
> up along with Tucker.  They talk about a lot of issues that other people
> with more authority have already covered, I don't get it.  Tucker is
> definitely more washed up, though.  Not sure how he's famous, caters to the
> college-aged males and females.  Time for Mr. Fisk.
>
>
> --
> Posted By Madness to Madness Writers at 1/26/2011 09:24:00 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment