Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hockey

Nice.  Yeah, that makes no sense, why play soccer on a court?  

14 year old 2-time state champion, he must be on a really good team and be talented.  

Yeah, I can toe drag like nothing in the kitchen.. going half speed at the rink, can't even come close.  Never even tried full speed.

I rushed twice yesterday to get a loose puck, going as hard as I can.  5 seconds = dead tired man.  

I was on a shit team, yet again.  Always happens.  Two guys couldn't really skate, one guy had rental skates which were too big.  He was completely useless.  I was gonna flip out but I kept my cool, didn't say anything.  It's just not fun.  ANy time they came out, I went to the bench, haha.  That's the easy way to do it.  So the other team was pretty good, they must play ice hockey a lot.  The one kid, I couldnj't really do much against him, at least as a defenseman.  I can't do backward crossovers that well which really affects my defenseman skills.  Nobody else was playing defense, so after I stopped, we really couldn't do anything.  

We cycled the puck a few times really well in the O zone.  One time, I never got the puck as the weak side D.  Finally, I got it, passed it to the strong Forward (a terrible skater) and took off to the net.. these other guys never do that shit.  If they would, I'd feed 'em the puck all day (One time, the D gave me the puck down low and I immediatley passed it to where he should have gone in the slot, he never moved and I said "you should have gone to the net, you would have been wide open".. it's a simple basketball play, works really well in hockey, too).  so anyway, I go to the slot, wide open 'cause nobody ever expects it, and if they do, they can't get in position fast enough.  One timed it to the net, didn't go off the ground, though.

Yeah, the easiest way to ensure a lifted puck everytime on the shot is to flex the stick into the ground, for a wrist shot anyway.. not sure about slapshots, I can't flex the stick on a slapshot.  Can't really flex it for wrist shots, either, I just dig it in pretty hard.. maybe it flexes, doesn't really feel like it.  SOmetimes, you'll see guys whose shots don't go off the ground every once in a while.. it's 'cause they dont dig it in.

For this upcoming season, there are I guess 100 guys signed up so far.. there must be, anyway, 'cause CJ said there are 10 teams of 10 people.. way too many. THen he said there might be 14 teams of 9 and there were 126 people signed up.  If that counts goalies, that's fine with me.  8 skaters is good.  7 is probably perfect 'cause D dont really need to change that often, 8 works, though, too.  We'll see the schedule when it gets posted, maybe today or tomorrow.  The problem with the league is that you only play like 20 minutes. I'd rather play 3 hours on Fridays or other days, work on skills.  It's cheaper that way, too.

Ice hockey, maybe, today.  starts at 12.  Play it again opens at 11, i'll see if they sharpen skates.

No comments:

Post a Comment