Wednesday, February 23, 2011

RE: fag penalty

Gotta play hard, man. That's the only way to play. Today I probably played the most aggressive D I've ever played. The one guy doesn't really know how to protect the puck the greatest on his right/dominant hand side, so I'd go up on his left and use my left hand to whack the puck or his stick, whichever I got a hold of. If the puck wasn't loose, I'd just keep skating right beside him with my stick around his body on his stick. Most people protect the puck a lot better, or the puck gets poked away, so to skate from corner to corner behind the net like that is not usual.

-----Original Message-----
From: daedalus311@gmail.com [mailto:daedalus311@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Sean
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 10:38 PM
To: Ross, Ryan
Subject: Re: fag penalty

oh i failed to mention i was in HIS Offensive zone. he was comin back for the puck, i skated, then stopped cuz i figured he had it, the ni realized he sucked and i was a lot faster, but we met at the puck and he turned to my left. no idea how thats ap enalty, he fuckin charged me if anything, i was already standing up figuring he was just gonna
skate by. and i got 2 weeks for that man. cuz that ref thought i
played too hard. fuck yeah i do

one time i beat the one d, the other comes up from behind right and tangles me and my right skate bent inward, obviously i cant stop and i fly into the goalie. i asked the goalie if he was alright, he asked me the same. no big deal, sometimes it happens. clearly had no intent to do that.

the ref siad if i ever do that again he'll suspend me. i told him, the D tangled me up and my ankle was bent inward, not outward to stop.
"Sure sure," he said like i was lying. well fuck you too 18 year
old schmuch who loves to hook and slash during pickup games. he hit me once in a game, i fell. so i got up and he had the puck and i hit him pretty good. he said i shouldnt try thatagain. i laughed at him.

im not scared dick.

gnight

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 9:31 PM, Ross, Ryan <rossr2@upmc.edu> wrote:
> Yeah, that guy's an idiot.  How'd you get a penalty for it?  The ref probably thought you intentionally charged him or something along those lines.  That happened to me once or twice along the boards.  When I was just starting out and terrible at skating, the puck went to the boards to my left.  I skated and then saw this huge dude coming like a freight train from my right, so I moved right and let him go for the puck, but instead he came into me and knocked me on my arse.  Emily was there, said it looked kinda bad.  Didn't hurt, luckily.
>
> But yeah, that guy's an idiot for turning right (your left).  I'd never do that unless I did a sharp hockey turn to the right to throw off the forechecker.  And even then, going left is ALWAYS easier. Always.  'cause  you can keep your momentum without turning much.  Going right, you lose some momentum but you can really blow by the D if you're fast and decent at handling.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: daedalus311@gmail.com [mailto:daedalus311@gmail.com] On Behalf
> Of Sean
> Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 7:10 PM
> To: Ross, Ryan
> Subject: Re: fag penalty
>
> he was comin down as i was going up (accordin to the picture).
> instead of following that black line he followed the pink, into me.
>
> On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 5:51 PM, Ross, Ryan <rossr2@upmc.edu> wrote:
>> The red dotted line is him turning, right?  If so, yeah, that makes no sense, you're already tehre.  He should have followed the black line.  I'll comment more later.
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: daedalus311@gmail.com [mailto:daedalus311@gmail.com] On Behalf
>> Of Sean
>> Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 6:42 PM
>> To: Ryanblakdeth; Ross, Ryan; Ryan Ross
>> Subject: fag penalty
>>
>> i didnt put arrows but u can figure it out.  which way would u turn
>> if u were him and u were me?   he turned in the pink direction.
>>
>> into me.  we're mayube 4 5 feet from the boards, he flies parallel to the boards.
>>
>> i most likely put my hands out when i realized he was being a complete noob to brace the impact, i had no idea this kid is gonna run into me.
>>
>> i did a 150 degree turn as he hits me so i stay upright, he's laid out on the ground sliding. ref's hands go up.
>>
>> it actually happened 10 feet across the middle line cuz i was right beside the penalty box, and i threw my stick and gloves in the box and went in.
>>
>> ref said if i ever did that again bluh bluh bluh, i was like "what the fuck are you talkin about, that wasnt even a penalty, he ran into me."
>>  probably looked bad cuz i stuck  out my arms, anyone in their right
>> mind would do that, HE RAN RIGHT FUCKING INTO ME.   luckily i did a
>> half circle with my skates as he hits me to stay upright.
>>
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment