Tuesday, June 14, 2011

don't remember much 'cause I didn't play a lot, played two shifts of offense and maybe 4 shifts of defense.  possibly 5.  not a whole lot of playing time.  Hopefully next season is an 8 man roster or a 9-10 man roster wtih 2 no shows.I'd take that.  10 people is too many.  no playing time , what's the point.

nobody ever comes to my side on defense, at least not tonight.  if they did, they wouldn't be able to do much.  I don't trust them when they go on the other side 'cause the other Dmen get beat.. well, we have one guy i like to line up with 'cause he never gets beat, either.  Though, one shift, I went up hoping he'd pass it to me 'cause we were in the O zone, he tried to dangle around the other team's best player and lost the puck, gave up a breakaway and a goal..  ah well

won 7 to 4 i think, who knows, doesn't matter.

we weren't expected to make the playoffs let alone past the 1st round.  There really is a curse of the 1st place team in the playoffs - I think they lost all 4 seasons I've been in the league. definitely lost at least 3 times.

my goal - so I"m on Defense, going up L side, teammate has the puck behind their net I think, comes out the R side and shoots it - rebound comes to the L side so I skate after it, the goalie went to hit it with his stick 'cause he was on the ground but I backhanded 'er home into the empty twine.  really just at the perfect spot at the perfect time.  no skill required.

assist - i think i was on offense.  Maybe D.  somehow the puck got behind their net, maybe i took it back there but most likely a teammate shot it back there.. got the puck and took it out the RW side, at the goal line I passed it right in front of fthe goalie even though there was a Dman in between me and my teammate who was in the low slot.  puck hits the goalie  and bounced up, then over to the LW side of the crease, teammate put 'er home.  It's the old guy.. he gets a lot of goals - got a breakaway goal ONLY 'cause he was literally 20 feet behind their Dman cherry picking, gets a pass and put it home.. he knows how to shoot, but he doens't know how to play hockey if you konw what I mean.  I'm sure if he was 30 years younger he'd be a force.

Beginning of the game, first shift - the other team has the puck for a while.. in control of the play.  then we get the puck and take it down.. I get the puck on the LW boards and go up.. best teammate goes RW side, I wanted to pass it but the Dman was in the way so I shot top cheese short side.. a small hole was opened but goalie hit it with his shoulder I think, puck goes behind the net so I get it, go out the RW side and skate up towards the point with a dman on my backside and a dman in front on my right.. coulda passed it to the RD man but that'd be pointless so I pass it over to the LD who never fucking goes backdoor or else it'd be a perfect one timer play.  He gets it, tries to deke but he's awful so it obviously wasn't gonna work, hits the dman's skate and comes in my direction so I hit it between 2 dmen coming after it, hits a teammate and comes toward me again so I take it in, keep my head up, look for a pass but nobody's home and I shot it but the goalie got a glove on it.  It was the beginning of what would be a total domination.

we blocked a lot of their shots..

there were a TON of posts tonight on both sides. a ton.

one time, teammate passes tto the point and I'm on D pinching up.  There was nobody home to get the pass so it goes down rink on our RD side and I take off after it, get in front of their forward who was apparently taking his good ol' time, I get there, use my backhand to get the puck and go behind the net and then go up the LW side.  the forward was trying to backcheck me but really couldn't 'cause my body was in the way.   All I can say is, when you're going at top speed, it's a lot harder to control the puck especially when it's on the backhand side.

Nice, we play the team that we beat last week in next week's playoff matchup.. however, last week their best player wasn't there so it'll be a closer game.  I kinda hope we lose 'cause the Tuesday after that is a free open play for 2 hours I think.  They have it every time during the championship game but I've never been to one.. missed 1) knee injury, 2) not sure why i missed this one, probably picked up an extra day of work, 3) hurt back.   Either way, if we play like we did tonight, it'll be a good victory.


No comments:

Post a Comment