Wednesday, June 8, 2011

hockey

We'll see about NHL 12.  Doubt i"ll buy it 'cause i'd have to buy an xbox.  Plus, I've been outside most of the time enjoying the sun.
 
Defense isn't that exciting.  Sure, you get the puck more 'cause it's hard to pass in inline 'cause people don't get open for whatever reason.  The one time I got a penalty for backchecking the guy and lifting his stick from behind, ref said I hooked him.. obviously wasn't but ah well.  I was yellin' at the defenseman to "GO RIGHT, GO RIGHT" 'cause that's the ONLy way the puck carrier could have gone but he wouldn't.  (I told him on two more occasions and he still wouldn't, cost us a goal on one of 'em). 
 
One defenseman was telling me to get breakout plays more often and to not pinch or go up on O as much.. so what does he do.. he NEVER breaks out the play and he pinches so hard in most of his shifts taht he was leaving only one Dman back.  People never take their own advice.  Oh, and PLUS he was getting burned to his left repeatedly.. I mean, EVERY time.  It's kinda hard to get burned on defense, I think.  If I was out there with him, I would have switched D positions with him just so it wouldn't happen anymore, but I never played with him.  Oh yeah, I had to switch positions with the guy getting burned to his right 'cause I was tired of watching it.  I dont get burned and I probably never will.  Transitioning back to front is too easy, and plus, if you play D correctly, it's easy to direct the puck carrier where to go: as you're skating backwards, lay the stick pretty flat on the ground and straight, making sure the puck is on the outside and away from the middle of the ice.  That way, they can only go to the outside, and they can't pass across the slot/circles.
 
The only reason I care about making the playoffs is 'cause I get to play more games.  Get more of my money's worth. 
 
Defense is good in the aspect that you get the puck more , but like I said, unless you're behind the goal line or pretty close ot your own goal, it's hard to pass until you get the in O zone.
 
I tried a few cross-creases
 
i'll write more later, gotta do some stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment