Wednesday, June 29, 2011

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/the-neverending-nightmare-of-amanda-knox-20110627  good article, fuck italy's justice system.  No DNA at the crime = did not commit crime.  Simple as that.  If I had the money and power, I'd personally go over there and get that girl out of prison.  Obviously didn't do it.

Played a bit of Deadspace yesterday.  That game sucks.  AI is terrible - well, the enemies are awful, all they do is swing their arms at you.  Wow, real thrilling.  The game shows you exactly how to get to your next objective, no suspense, lackluster story, worse than doom 4 and that game sucked.  Probably goin' to delete it.

Hockey championships last night - went to watch.  They ended up losing 6-5.  They were ahead 1-0 and then each team traded goals until 4-3 in which the other team was ahead, then 4-4, then 6-4.  The two goals that made it 6-4 were scored pretty quickly in succession.  at least 5 of the 6 goals (possibly all 6) were scored when our two worst defensemen were out there.  THey would NOT go after the guy with the puck, instead they skated backwards to their own goalie with no pressure on the puck carrier.. I know the game winner they definitely screened the goalie.. the goalie said after the game that he was screened on at least 3 of the goals.  Anyway, this game winner - they literally BOTH go into the goalie, the guy took the puck over half-court into the slot uncontested and coulda shot it anywhere 'cuase the goalie was screened, the 2 Dmen stood there like "go ahead, shoot it, we wanna lose"      

Todd, the most experienced player, was flipping out the whole game. At one point, he said "I wanna win this for you guys, I'm so over this league and this place, I don't even want the jersey" that the champions get to wear for next season.  The other team was hooking, slashing, tripping, running into guys and NOT ONE penalty.  Todd got a high sticking penalty 'cause he was backchecking CJ, CJ ended up losing hte puck and htey were skating after it and, according to Todd, CJ bent low while Todd's stick was still up and it hit him in the helmet.  All I know is that Todd never got a penalty before, so I highly doubt that he high stuck anybody.  The other penalty was probably hooking 'cause the one Dman actually went after the puck carrier but got beat pretty bad and had to backcheck him.  I don't get it, it's not hard to not get beat.  Worst case scenario - you go after the guy and whichever way he turns you quickly go to a backwards skating position and stay with them or right behind them which is easy to screw them up. people always go for the puck, though, and that's why they get beat.

Oh yeah, the worst Dman wasn't the worst yesterday.. not on D, anyway. anytime he got the puck he ALWAYS threw it to his left, ALWAYS.  everybody was pissed about it.  He never took time to look up and view the court. Ah well.  His linemate was the one pinching AT CENTER COURT when the OTHER team had the puck, hahahaha.  wtf would you do that.  These 2 kids can't even backskate fast, so not only do they get beat in a normal play, getting beat on a pinch is hopeless.. they scored at least 2 goals 'cause of that.  Ooh , actually, the game winner was an open netter in which the goalie went behind the net to stop the dump in, completely misplayed the puck, the other team got it and threw it tour front to the open guy and the open net.  The 2nd worst D guy said "nothing I could do about that."  Yeah, actually there was, PLAY D! haha not like I care, I wasn't playing.

The best guy on the team, he must only be 18 or 19 though he's been in the league year round, hit the post at least 3 times.  He's got a wickedly accurate shot.  Top 3 in the league, probably.. I overhead the 2 terrible D guys (his friends) say that he has like a 4.26 GPA and coulda gone to MIT but he's going to Georgetown or whatever the callege is in Georgia.. Oh Georgia Tech, I assume.  Rarely talks, never shows off, extremely talented, fun to watch.  Kinda like me except he's more talented, for sure.

he never backchecks and he's super-fast.  I don't get it.  never forechecks, either.  He's almost like Kovalchoke except he will play D in the D zone.


I was watching Todd forecheck, he wouldn't go after the guy like I do (although he'd yell at me if I didn't, haha), he'd stay back.. I do that sometimes if the guy is really good, he was doing it 'cause it was Cj so I can't really blame him, though when he forechecked CJ he did a damn good job.

talked to that guy that works at the YMCA and rides bicycles.. can't remember his name now.. saw him at Walmart. The first thing he said was "you look like you're still in shape"  yeah 'cause I can't gain weight.  nice guy, we talked for like 15 minutes.  I guess they still ride every Wednesday, I told him I would but playin' hockey is hard enough a


No comments:

Post a Comment