Friday, June 10, 2011

sounds like you got some stuff to do to keep busy.  Yesterday, I was outside for 5 hours, cleaning the pool and reading Sirens of Titan (got 10 pages left, a decent book, some slow spots, would be a terrible movie but he puts some random things into it that makes it more unique.  I like how he says the Tralfmadorians control the Earth's residents to get Salo the piece that will repair his spaceship.. I forgot about that part, maybe you remember.  A lot of "be" verbs in his writing which makes it awful at times.) 
 
Now I get to work 2 days in a row.  Definitely going to play hockey outside on Sunday in the heat.  Probably go late at night 'cause I gotta stay up Saturday and Sunday night for work on Monday night (hopefully the Nucks take the Cup then).
 
Vonnegut is definitely a humanist, all about the human people.  Evidently, he approved of a screenplay for a film adaptation, but I couldn't imagine watching it.  No way that would make money. No way.  Wow, there were actually plays of it, notably at colleges.. that might be OK if they did it right, but a film, no way.
 
I like how he pretty much tells yhou at the beginning how things will unfold but still manages to throw in surprises.  I know it happens in Hocus Pocus, too, probably most of his other works.   Cat's Cradle is next on the list 'cause that only takes a few hours to read.
 

After thinking about hockey for a while and playing on Tuesday, you pretty much have to be a defensemen if you ever wanna get the puck.  None of the Dmen make breakout passes, and if they don't, it's basically impossible to pass because the forwards really only have one of two spots to go to: either the net, or the goal line on the sideboards.  If they go to the net, they aren't gonna get a pass, and if they go to the nearboards, they are essentially moving defenders away from the net and opening up space for the dman puck-carrier to take it in.  If the dman does that, they are most likely going to shoot it but theyh could pass (which rarely happens).  It's just too easy to hold on to the puck forever in inline 'cause there's too much room.. I was watching a pro game, highlights anyway from that tournament whe nyou were up here, and even they weren't passing unless it was a breakout.. if the Dman ever went behind their own net to wait for line changes and breakout plays, they rarely ever passed.  I guess that's how inline is.  Ice is more of a dump game 'cause 10 people clogging the neutral leaves barely any room for any movement.. Dmen could take the puck in, but they would effectively be leaving open an oddman rush if the puck got turned over.
 
I weighed myself yesterday after eating.. 153.8 lbs.  That's not enough, and probably explains why I didn't even feel like playin' hockey last night outside (Coudln't anyway, it rained which ruins ball bearings quickly).  It's hard to eat at work 'cause i like to read when eating and i can't read when others are in the break room so I gotta eat after 3 or 4 and by then i'm usually not even hungry anymore.  I can tell I've lost weight 'cause my stomach is smaller.
 
You know what, just sign us up for that cruise.  It's gonna cost you guys $200 more (1200 for 4 people compared to 1000 for 2 people, makes no sense)if Emily and I go, and that's a huge savings.  I'll have to have Emily take off work.  Let me make sure she's OK with that first.  I dont see why not, that's cheap man.

No comments:

Post a Comment