Saturday, June 25, 2011

played 11 missions of 15 in Company of Heroes today.  Too easy of a game.  It started getting harder around mission 10, mission 11 I almost lost.  It comes down to one thing basically: tanks. once you get 'em, you can't lose.  The first .. maybe 8 mission you literally can't lose. The game makes it so even if you try to lose you probably couldn't.  

Fun game to play for a bit.  I'm gonna delete it in the morning, definitely not finishing it.  It strays away from the resource-based strategy games like command and conquer and warcraft, it does it pretty well 'cause you can't "farm" the resources.  Well, technically you can, but you're rewarded for going out and getting more territories.  I guess in some missions you could let the game sit for an hour, come back, but there's a population limit, so you can still only get 8 tanks at most, maybe 9 if you upgrade unit costs.  I played it on normal, I guarantee the game would only be gay on harder difficulties 'cause they'd probably givey ou less resources to work with.  Homie don't play that game.  The missions where you have to defend, it's actually really easy.  At the beginning, you just build anti-tank units and you're set, put machine gunners in the buildings.  Once tanks become a usable unit, the game changes dramatically.  I can't stress it enough.  There's no need, absolutely no need, for any ground units, well, you do need one to capture territories.  

As much fun as the game could be, it has too many limitations.  I wouldn't even try playing online, too stressful and I'm not devoting any time to being good.

It said that only 300 americans were killed in DDay.  So I look it up.. 6603 American casualties, somewhere between 1,000 and 2,500 dead.  Was gonna say, no way only 300 died. (and it said 1000 casualties, wtf do they get those numbers from).

downloaded some books for the kindle.  I have enough reading to last a few years at least.


No comments:

Post a Comment