Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hockey last night

1) I didn't even feel like going.  After getting the pool ready and cleanin' out the leaves repeatedly for quite a while, Emily and i went on a 3.3 mile walk.  93 degrees and direct sunlight all day got to me after a certain point.  Plus, the game was at 1030 at night.  I didn't feel like stayin' up that late, but I did anyway 'cause I already paid and I'm gettin' my money's worth.
 
2) the air conditioning was on in the building but they must have shut it off after I got there 'cause it was warm when the game started.. not as hot as some days, but definitely not well-circulated.
 
3) When getting my gear on, I felt like a headache brewed..  The heat in the building made it feel worse, and then skating hard certainly didn't help.   I got beat twice in the defensive zone which never happens and I didn't even care to go after the guy. 
 
4) Brandon said I looked dazed.  I didn't even feel like playin' when sitting on the bench, and then when I got on the rink I felt like playing for a few seconds which quickly faded.  The first two periods, I skated hard, but my hardest wasn't hard enough.  I felt like i couldn't do it.  I didn't even wanna skate hard even though I did until later which I'll talk about.
 
5) When I speared myself in the stomach last week, it must have bruised my abdominal muscles on the right side 'cause they were killin' me last night.  That also didn't help me to want to play. 
 
6) We were losin' the whole game, and at one point it was 7-3.  I was out there on their first goal (guy goes around the net, I'm stayin' wtih him, then he turned to the slot and my skate slipped and I didn't even care to go after him, he put it 5 hole) and another goal (we were on the PK, I got the puck on the LD boards, skate toward the goalie, the RD said something which sounded like "i'm open , pass it" but he later told me he said "dump it" so I passed it to him, a perfect pass, goes between his skates, the other team gets it and somehow scored, don't remember and don't care, teammate was mad but I didn't care, don't say anything, I know what to do with it. oh and he had his stick down on the ground then when I passed it to him he took it off.. made no sense but I realy have no interest in caring), and the whiopped cream on top of the icing came and I went (we had a 4 on 2 PP, first PP was wasted by our two crap forwards, I go out there and the team didn't pass at all so I completely stopped playing, I was literally skating in the O zone even when the puck was in the D zone, I ddin't care anymore). 
 
7) On said PP, I got tripped by an opponent, he's lying on the puck, so I'm putting my stick to the puck to get it out.. at one point he looked at me like he was pissed even though he's the one who tripped me and was on the puck.  Later, I was at center court on RW boards and somehow I got tripped from behind by another opponent, landed directly on my stomach and yelled "F***!" 'cause it hurt.  I heard a teammate on the bench say "get up, come to the bench".. hah, like that's gonna happen.. then the puck was going around the boards to the LW center court so I cut in front of the opponent and as I'm about to get the puck I see the Dman on our team go after it so I turn away to let him go and his skate clipped mine, resulting in me falling again.  Right in front of our bench.  The teammate said "get on the bench, don't play hurt" so I take off to the puck again. 
 
    As the PP goes to waste, I'm lolly gagging while thinking "I can't do this anymore" and "So this is what it feels like to never backcheck, pretty boring if you ask me" then all of a sudden I was like "screw this, I'm leaving" and I threw my gloves and helmet on the rink, put my stick in the sin bin, hear someone say "wtf are you doing" nd went to the locker room to get my stuff off. I was overheated and exhausted but not from hockey.  Hockey didn't help, though.  I heard somebody call timeout and the ref blew the whistle.. they coulda probably called me for delay of game but  I was already gone, haha.
 
Picked up my gloves, helmet, and stick after the game was over and left, had to turn the air conditionig on full blast the whole way home 'cause my body was overheated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment