Monday, June 20, 2011

scored 5 or 6 goals.    

at the end when everybody left, there were 6 of us playing 3 on 3.  i got 4 posts in a row.  One guy was saying "damn, you're killing those posts".. yeah man, I don't miss the posts.  I even got a backhander that hit the back post underneath.. probably the first time I've ever done that.  My backhand sucks.. 

Though I did score a backhander against a goalie today.. hit his right chest under his arm and popped in.  Lucky goal, really.

He stuffed me one time, I was lookin' top right the whole time and I think he caught on, got the glove up and stoned me cold.  Ah well, he was actually decent.

Two breakaway goals - first, I went top right which is my patented shot.. too easy. Got a sweet breakout pass from the best player.. too easy.  2nd - looking top right, as I get closer tothe goalie, I bring the puck gradually closer to my feet and then went middle left.. goalie stood no chance, though I surprised myself with the shot, I had no idea where I was going until I shot.

Got an easy one timer at the end from the RW crease.  Those are always too easy.  Got a wraparound goal.. took the puck up the RW side, had to kick the puck with my left skate at one point 'cause the Dman poked it.  Brought it back up to dangle.. going behind the net and I shot from just outside the goal line, hit the outside of the net or the goalie's pad and came back so I kicked it again wtih my left skate as I'm doing a half circle and go around to the other side and shot it to the middle.  I got some lift on it and it landed on the back of his skate which was in the net.  Somebody asked him if it went in, he said, "No."  I was laughing to myself, sayin', "of course he's gonna say that, he doesn't wanna get scored against."  It was obviously a goal, but nobody could see it except me.  First wrapper I've scored.  No idea how the puck went to the middle instead of the left which was wiiiiide open.  Goalie was still on the RW side.

I scored at least one more goal, but pretty sure 2 more.  

Hard to play against teams that don't forecheck 'cause they bunch up in the middle and there's nobody to pass it to if the forwards don't go to the halfboards.  And when I go to the halfboards, nobody passes it to me.

I lost the puck a good bit on the boards, no idea how.  If it's on my backhand, that's understandable.  On my forehand, no excuse. 

Barely looked at the puck all night when I had it.  Too easy to dangle around people.  I usually go right to left.  Going left to right just doesn't work as well for me.

Went between 2 guys' legs by going right, left, right, between the legs really fast.. it works everytime 'cause they think you're gonna go to their left then you go between their stick or leg.

Performed the back and then between the legs move again, 2nd time.  It's funny 'cause you're in the triple threat position and they go after the puck 'cause it's unprotected and then BOOM, you're on a breakaway.  Too easy to pull it off.

Never got beat on D.  At one point the guy was skating hard to my left and I was picking up speed, thought he was gonna overtake me so as I was about to transition to forward skating, he got backchecked.  I wouldn't have gotten beat, but I might have let him get a cross slot pass.  Still unbeaten on D.  Not sure why people let themsleves get smoked.

The other team was frickin' whackin' sticks left and right.  They sucked and couldn't skate that well, guess they had to make up for it somehow.  Pretty sure my blade is cracked, sure felt like it anyway but I couldn't find any cracks. 

Went to the RW side with the puck and was goin' around a guy, put my right leg down to protect the puck and the guy hooks me and runs into me.  I got pretty pissed about that, I even said "what the hell" I think, pretty softly so he couldn't hear, mostly 'cause I was tired.

Got a lot of sweat in my eyes.  Same thing happened on friday, had to use Visine to clear 'em up.

Got a lot of snot built up in my nose, makes it hard to breathe.

I was taking long shifts.. 10-15 minutes. At one point, the guys on the bench were telling me to get off.  I don't get tired and I skate.  

Drank 3/4 of a gallon, probably not enough.  

The best player got frustrated 'cause he couldn't pass to anyone - nobody would get open, and he ended up losing the puck which he rarely does.  He left before an hour into it.  more playing time for the others.  I was playin' stay at home D so passin' to me wasn't gonna work, I guess.  Not sure why, nobody passes it to the stay at home D even though i'm 100% wide open at least 90% of the time (nobody covers that position, and why would they).  After watching him tongiht, I'd have to say he isn't as good as I thought he is.  I never play defense against him 'caus we're always on the same team, though he's the quickest guy out there, he skates hard the whole time, and his hands and shot are better than mine.  He never even drinks water, no idea how he does that.





One time I was jackin' around takin' the puck up the middle with only one hand and I ended up losin' the puck, hah.  SHouldn't show off.



Downloadin' Wind Waker and Pikmin for gamecube emulator.  We'll try it out some night when I gotta stay up all night, mahybe tomorrow.

Got a new filter for the pool over the weekend, pool is a lot cleaner.  Still not perfect, yet.

Got a lot of ebooks for the kindle.  Probably won't get through most of them in my lifetime.

yeah, www.longform.org  . great website. lot of articles.


No comments:

Post a Comment