Sunday, June 12, 2011

halo 1 has 7 multiplayer maps i think.. lame.   $40. not worth it.

NHL 11 is decent but it's not realistic.  Fun for a game or two, but that's it.  No different from any other games.

Watched the highlights of game 7 when the Pens won the cup, they hit the crossbar with 115 or 210 remaining, somewhree in there.   Saved the Pens 'cause they were gonna lose otherwise.  Great game to watch.

I wouldn't buy a 360 if I were you, but that's me.  PS3's are better, but they'd have to be less than 200 to be worth it.  Better 'cause multiplayer is free.  Oh, and NHL 11 you have to buy a redeemable code to play online.  I forgot about that.. you get a 7 day free trial.. it's nice 'cause on PS3 you can make as many screennames as you want and then use the free trial repatedly probably.. on live you can't.  

games are probably only good for winter, and since it's gonna stay warm in Georgia all year, I kjonw I wouldn't play it.  that's me, though.

gotta stay up all night, we'll see how long it lasts. made it to 2 AM last night 'cause I had NHL to keep me awake.  Quickly got boring, though.  The only ways to score are to do one timers either across the crease or slot, get a breakaway and hold in backhand and shoot forehand when you get close to the goalie (maybe holding forehand and going backhand would work too, the goalies are TERRIBLE on breakaways - you can shoot it from 10 feet out if you go to the side and they don't stop it), and there's a glitch if you get to the goal line and shoot it top cheese it sometimes goes in.  Other than that, it's all luck, completely luck. Well, really, all the goals are luck, so it's not really fun.

It's fun to go outside and skate around iwth the puck, practice deking.. I got some more dekes down really well - 1) skate north and cut to the right or left really hard and then cut back north.  2) Deke really close to the body from right to left and then quickly go back to the right side.. Never saw anybody use it but it would definitely work and I have it down perfectly.  It would also work well to go between their skates/stick.  3) Turn 360 degrees either direction with the puck (thoug hit's a lot easier when turning left while the puck is on the forehand).. I can do all of the dekes without looking at the puck.  4) Skate on the RW, cut to middle gradually, put the puck behind the body in the triple threat position then quickly cut back to the RW side and go around the D.. I see some of the good guys do this one, I've never tried it but I can do it really well.

I skated for about an hour and a half, the last 5 minutes were devoted to strictly skating as fast as I could.  It doesn't feel natural at all going really fast and it's like my legs don't wanna do it fluidly.. Doesn't make sense, everything else seems ok.  

I tried to practice hockey stops by bending my knees, then straightening them, then bending them while I turned my aknles but I don't trust the outdoor wheels and I wasn't gonna fall on concrete.. I'll try it on the rink next time I go to stick time, probably Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment