Thursday, March 22, 2012

hockey game.  we dominated most of the game.  a few times the other team got a breakaway or had a wide open net (once, not even sure how it happened, wasnt paying attention, they couldnt score on it anyway).

i had a breakaway, looked for a pass, nobody around, had to shoot it.  went shortie, but that goalie is pretty good.  deflected to the left of the net, got it and threw it on net.  almost had a goal there.

the best opportunity was a drive down the LW side.  before being behind hte net I do my patented backhander.  straight to my teammate in low slot, must have been a perfect opportunity. everyone in the arena was shouting and oooohing and aaaaaahing.  no dice.  too bad.

another opportunity I get he puck in LW corner, take it down the boards, gonna do the backhander but too risky so I turn away from the boards, have a teammate in the slot kinda covered, and a wide open teammate in front right/bottom LW circle.  perfect pass, perfect shot.  no dice.

had another breakaway, RW side, same teammate as bottom circle was right behind me.  i shot it bottom left.  i gotta figure out how to get the puck up right over the pads.  no dice.

other team scored at some point in the third.  then next shift i chase a guy from there D blue line down to our LW circle.  i dive to hit the puck away, he fuckin scored man.  I was like "Wheres the fuckin D?"  I shouldnt be chasing people down the ice like that.  I did...if I thought he was good enough to score I would have went to his left and stick lifted him, but i figured he sucked.  which he did.  no idea how he scored.  must have been far corner, TR.

we had a lot of good passing, good looks.  2 lines, played half the game, 20 min periods now.  used to be 16 or 17 min depending on how the refs felt. for some reason they put me on LW.  whatever.  i usually play as a center, but I don't forecheck as much.  i let the Center do it, but they're worthless.  i just cover my man.  and i ALWAYS have the D passing the opposite way.  there was onc they passed to my side, but that was because I just got done back checking and then they got a turnover and left side was open.  guy still didnt go anywhere.

we put all our best people out there at the end, even had a PP.  6 on 4.  they kinda win faceoff, not really.  whack the puck down the ice, our "C" misses the skate stop at the blue line, ti rolls down the ice into the net.  I was thinkin "thats why you have a fuckin stick, dick".

gonna go build a fire and smoke some hookah.  play some ME3 later to stay up fro a while.

printed out a bunch of great intelligence articles.  ill share whichver ones I think are good, if I get around to reading some.  ill do it this weekend at work at the latest.  gonna be me and another person all night.  nobody cares what the hell we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment