Monday, December 27, 2010

hockey today

Yeah, so I wasn't happy about people tryin' to play with each other.. If you're good, you don't need your "team" to be good.. Just go out and play. Nobody else was doing it. That's the problem when you get new people .. they wanna change things up to suit their needs when the custom has been the same for months. Change isn't bad, but you can't walk in expecting things to go your way the first time. When it took somewhere between 30-45 minutes to get the game goin', that's when I said "screw it" and went to play with the high school kids.

I got pushed hard one time, never even threw me off balance.

One time, I was crossing over to my left to stop the puck holder from attacking the zone.. he has his head down looking at the puck the whole time. Dumb. I was really low 'cause I was doin' cross-overs and I purposely ran into him. My left shoulder went right into his head, I didn't feel anything but it was a hard hit. He immediately said "Hey buddy!" like he was upset .. I turned around and said "sorry, man" thinking to myself, "next time, don't skate with your head down." I don't mean to cause harm, can't help it.

I didn't play that well. That's another reason why I felt like i wasted my time. I'd put the puck between players' legs to go around them which works out really well. Can't do it all the time, but it throws them off. THere wasn't much passing going on.. IN fact, if I recall correctly, I think maybe every 5 rushes there was one pass. Makes for a lame experience.

My skating is at the point where I'm just ready to play hockey.. Skating around gets old quickly anymore, nothing to really progress on. Backwards crossovers maybe, nothing I'll really ever need to do. When the 4 kids were messin' around while we were playing, I started just skating around instead of playin' 'cause we couldn't do much with 20 skaters out there, I quickly lost interest.

My hands aren't that great. I can dangle but not fast enough to make it effective. Compared to most of the high school kids, I'm not very good. They play a lot, though.

I was all over the place shutting down the other team. Other kids just .. I dont know, they take it easy or something.. I play wtih heart. I scored a few goals on the goalies, but they weren't very good. My last goal was poking the puck on the forecheck, gettin' the easy breakaway, and shooting shortside from the hash marks. Goalie never moved.. wasn't even a challenge.

Wednesday night will be worth it. Only adults will be there, and they are definitely faster and more serious about it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment