Saturday, December 25, 2010

Lawyer

Well, the lawyer isn't playing, so you can't really use the "it's not fun for anyone" argument. For the players, heck yeah, that would suck. I get upset more easily now when my teammates are crap. Most times when my teammates are worthless in pickup games, I'll stay out there extra long until the good players come out.. EIther that, or I'll position myself on the bench to go out with the good players. As for the lawyer, these kids are 12 years old, how good can they really be? they aren't Crosby when he was 12/13 dominating. This is a A league, not a AAA league. If the girl really IS keeping the team down, then yeah, I'm all for the lawyer. If it's a combination of her and others, then, well, no, not really. And this was a tryout team, a tryout league, so how bad could she really be? I don't get the comments ont he sexism of the mother.. I dont' remember reading that. If she was saying "the laywer is only doing this 'cause she's a girl", well, yeah, that's the mother putting sexism into the situation that doesn't belong and was never there. The lawyer is obviously only doin' it for competitive reasons, but I don't see how she could have been that much worse. if so, well, get her off, allow the good players to play amongst themselves. Wasn't the girl a defensewoman? If so, that would dramatically influence the decision, 'cause those are the most important positions in the game, other than goalies, obviously.

http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/articles/thoughtful-nation-questioning-whether-anyone-can-r,2906/ this reminds me of that one Onion article that put philosophical terms into the NFL. Not as funny though. Good quote on the Cowboys in the middle.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/19/magazine/19Urban_West-t.html?_r=2&pagewanted=all looks good

No comments:

Post a Comment