Tuesday, December 21, 2010

more stuff

In the shower, I remembered that at the end of the first game with less than 10 seconds remaining, I'm at the point so I skate to the high slot.. we're down by one with the puck.. guy passes it from RW to me, but it's too far in front.. I had to stop it and bring it back, pull the trigger finger towards the right side of the net. Hits a Dman's leg and comes back so I whacked it out of the air to the right side of the net, goalie got over to save it though. that woulda been awesome if I scored that.  

I got really lucky on my goal.. I mean, I shot it from LW cirlce near the goal line to top shelf on the R side.. (I think I said I was on RW circle, but it was LW), never saw it go in, teammates were cheering though.  I don't know how it didn't hit the post.. I had no angle on that shot.

One other thing I could learn how to do is transition front to back with my right leg first... I can do it really well going slow, but picking up speed, it feels like I"m gonna fall.

Legs feel better now than they did earlier.  This hockey business is strengthening my knees.

I think I could do Crosby's job.. practice all the time and play 82 games plus playoffs a year.  I like practicing more than playing sometimes just to feel like I"m improving..  Yeah, it's no wonder you got good so quick at hockey, you had good knees, and playing 3-4 times a week, you're gonna get good pretty fast.

There has to be a limit though, 'cause there's one guy who was on my team in the summer about the same age as the good guy on my team tonight.. the good guy on my team was so much better with stickhandling, though I think he was actually slower on skates by a hair.  They've obviuosly been playing a long time (the good guy wouldn't tell me, he said he doesn't like to talk about it, not sure why, maybe 'cause it reminds him of his age) but one is definitely better than the other.

I just gotta keep skating and I'll pick up more speed which will come in handy for backchecking.  I'm already good but that would make me better.  I just wanna earn a spot on that travelling team.. not necessarily to play with them but to know that I've gotten good enough to have more fun wtih hockey, to use more skills, to shut down other teams and to dangle around players, score, all that jazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment