Friday, December 24, 2010

Re: [Madness Writers] Re: [Madness Writers] good article right here

I don't know about the mother, you could lay the blame on the child, too.  The parent probably was more happy the kid made the boy's squad, not using reasoning to assess the ability.  Plus, it's a mother, not a father, and that could influence this specific decision.  

The thing that I don't get is that there was a tryout, so the kid had to be good enough for the coach(es) to want her on the team.  Unless they felt that she was borderline and a girl and figured "what the heck, these are 12 year olds."  On one hand you have 12 year old kids playing for fun, on the other you have adults wanting their children to shine.  Like one person said on one of the sports sites, "If you're child is the next Great One but somebody else on the team is stopping them, they're not the next Great One."  


anyway, I finished Inception.  Here's a money quote from Wikipedia Michael Caine stated that "[The spinning top] drops at the end, that's when I come back on. If I'm there it's real, because I'm never in the dream. I'm the guy who invented the dream."  I believe the end was reality.  The top makes a toppling motion and regains itself as the movie cuts out.    Also, Do you remember a scene with Mal and DiCaprio in a burning house.. Mal burns away or something, disappears?  I remember that from the last time I watched it but it wasn't in the movie this time.  

On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Madness <nayrrizdaed@gmail.com> wrote:
those commentors are idiots, blind emotion, no reason.

not a bad article. commentors focus on "he's a lawyer, writing an
agenda, getting other people behind him. its a democracy, the end of
the world." and he says "look at the mother" which is the 100% truth,
but oh my if we do that we'll have to reason about this.

people love to get worked up about stuff they shouldnt even care
about. "but the team is still the same without her". somehow i
highly doubt it.

--
Posted By Madness to Madness Writers at 12/24/2010 07:45:00 AM


No comments:

Post a Comment