Sunday, February 26, 2012

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/hockey/comments/video-_finally_ruled_a_goal/  Watch the video, a few replays, and then read Bob Errey's comments after the first comment.

bought 20 lbs. of Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey Protein for $180.  Pros and Cons to it.. Most people say it's the best testing.  WHo cares.  Others say that it's not the best 'cause it's not 100% whey isolate.  It was voted the best Protein back in 2005 and 2006, I believe - not sure what it was based on, but still, gotta be a reason it was #1 for 2 years in a row.  All I can say is that there's no way protein technology has improved that much since 2006 that it at least isn't near the top.  Has 5 grams of BCAAs and 4 grams of glutamine which are important (theoretically, anyway) and couldn't be found in any of the whey isolate mixtures I looked up.  People on bodybuilding.com forums were saying they got great muscular gains with it, others were saying any protein will work, some were saying only the isolates work.  Well, people aren't gonna lie about gaining muscles after workouts, that's how I see it.  I was using a cheap ass version of protein myself and my body is definitely much bigger now than it was 3 months ago when I started working out.  Probably a waste of money to buy the cheap stuff, but it would work, at least a little compared to the more expensive stuff.

My rotator cuffs, especially the left shoulder ones, are the problem.  http://www.exrx.net/Stretches/Subscapularis/Broomstick.html  This stretch helps.  Along wtih the next one. http://www.exrx.net/Stretches/Infraspinatus/Broomstick.html  The infraspinatus (2nd link) stretch defintely feels more like a stretch so I'm guessing that's the main problem.Supposedly, it affects chest press and bench press.  I was doing 50 lb dumbbell chest presses in perfect form wtih no problem until afterwards.  Bicep workouts, especialy preacher curls or whatever you call the ones where your arms rest on the padding while you curl.  I couldn't even lift my arms up to my shoulder with lighter weights without a weird feeling in my arms, so I knew it was time to hang it up.    

So I'm taking a month off of working out until my body heals.  Sucks, but I gotta listen to it.  Some people online were saying they worked through the pain and are paying for it now, can't raise their arms up.  No shit, sherlock, that's why you don't do that.  I did it wtih my knees back in '06/'07, not going through that again.  The only thing I'll miss is the barbell for doing deadlifts.  I really need to keep doing those 'cause it helps my back out a lot.  I was in a happy routine of working out, cooking every day while off of work, drinking protein shakes.  Now I'm back to doing nothing, and I bet I'll get depressed pretty quickly if I'm not already.  Gotta stay motivated, focus on what I can for now.  Get my knees better, let my shoulders heal, and hit the gym.  I'm gonna slowly get back into my workouts.  I might start avoiding the lat pulldowns even wtih the reverse grip 'cause that's what hurt my shoulder back in '07.  The body can pull the heavy weights, but then it loosens the tissue in my body.  My body just isn't designed for that stuff.  

So I guess I'll just focus on abs, back, and a LOT of stretching for the next month.  My hamstrings are fine, gluteal muscles are a bit tight, tensor fascia latae is tight which is causing my IT band pain.. evidently, if the TFL and glutes are tight, that's how you get IT band problems.  Well, back in '08 when I was doing 3 months of physical therapy, my glutes weren't tight at all but my hip flexors were tight and no matter how much I stretched them, they would never loosen up.  I even had the physical therapist stretch them for me 3x a week which hurt like hell but it still didn't solve the problem. and my IT bands were completely loose.  Knees never felt good but they were strong like steel.  Then again, I rarely ever ate, and when I did, it was all shit food.

Emily's birthday was yesterday.  I told her family how I'm done eating junk food, I never really ate much of it before but I have no interest in it now.  So, of course, her mom gives me a huge slice of cake.  They wanna fatten me up , probably to make themselves feel better about being heavier.  I even told Emily today while at Denny's for breakfast that I don't like to go out to eat anymore 'cause that food isn't healthy and it always makes me tired.  eating healthily costs a shitload, though.  I guess you're paying for it either way - eat cheaply and get medical problems, or eat a bit more expensively and be healthy.  

Emily's mom was saying I look good with my heavier body and bigger muscles poking through my shirt.  You can't really tell through clothing, maybe it's obvious I work out, but it's not like i'm a bodybuilder.  I couldn't care less about how I look so much as how I feel, and with pain, I feel depressed.  Back pain is by far the worst, but I gotta say that this IT band issue isn't far behind 'cause it's always nagging.  The shoulder pain seems to come and go for now, so it's only a nuisance 'cause it affects all of my workouts.

I wouldn't doubt if that's why Jim has so many joint problems - lifting heavy weights just isn't good for the body.  I could be wrong.  That myofascitis or whatever it's called is no joke, man.  You better get that myeloma taken care of, too, man.  I wouldn't mess with cancer no matter what stage it is, how bad it looks/feels, or how it affects you.  The quicker it gets taken care of, the better results you'll have.  Same goes for any other medical problem, too.

I must be bored typing all of this up.  Trying to stay awake.

Gonna play some of this Trine game to stay up a bit longer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment