Friday, February 24, 2012

Re: [Madness Writers] 2/24/2012 01:33:00 PM

My suggestion for a small possible fix to your IT bands giving you issues is:  there is a small foot placement type deal for the squat machine that you can use that will stabalize your legs, with your feet slightly elevated to take possible pressure off of your IT bands.  You would have to use the smith machine because you would be leaning slighty to the rear, but it would still work really well.  I dont know what the step is called but its just a small step maybe 3 inches off the ground and rounded so you can place your feet on it. 
 
Give it a browse you may be able to find what I'm talking about.  When I get some time to sit down here I'll look arorund. 

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 3:33 PM, Madness <nayrrizdaed@gmail.com> wrote:
Jesus man, 350 smackers for that?

Get those renters by the hook, line, and sinker.

I eat more than 25% of my calories as protein, at least for lunch and dinner. Breakfast is probably 20g protein and .. 120g carbs. maybe 3 g fat total. depends on how much fat is in 2 cups of oatmeal. I have to put brown sugar on it or it tastes like crap.

The rest of the time, I eat chicken, tuna, or low-fat beef wtih either pasta, vegetables, or both. Rice sucks, doesn't have enough protein in it.

I made some kind of beef stir fry last night ,the noodles had 5 g of fat per 1 cup of noodles. nver using those noodles again. Regular pasta doesn't have any fat, i think. could be wrong.. definitely not 5 g.

my poop's never green.

I usually only do one protein shake a day. I sould probably start doing 25g protein shake in the morning as a snack between breakfast/lunch, then do 25 g of protein after working out rather than only 50g of protien right after working out.

I always take 50g of protein to work with me and drink it in the morning over 2-3 hours. Works out well.

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Quadriceps/BBFrontSquat.html Front Squat. I'd have to try it with relaly low weights to start. My IT bands probably wouldn't like it.. I don't know what to do about 'em at this point. I'd like to do leg press to see how it feels, but I don't wanna risk 1 minute of exercise for 1 month of continued pain. We'll see.

--
Posted By Madness to Madness Writers at 2/24/2012 01:33:00 PM


No comments:

Post a Comment