Saturday, June 30, 2012

watched those hockey videos at home. that vegas check into the endboards with the breaking glass was brutal. Guy could have messed up his back from getting hit like htat.



No idea about the Scott Stevens hit - no video of it.



I'll read this article later when I get bored of homework.



I don't know about that GM mode for NHL 13. I read it over again last night, seems like it would be great if you want to coach or be a GM, but to play the games along with it, that's too much time. It'd be great for 6 on 6, too. I guess there won't be EASHL anymore? I bet they'll keep EASHL but have the GM mode as another option for 6v6 league play which the OTPers have wanted for years.



The new skating will be a huge improvement. I'm curious to see how it will be implemented in terms of figure skating.. with the current system, figure skating is too easy and actually rewarded. you basically have to do it to get out of the D and neutral zones at times. It has to do more with the whole system itself, I believe. Something about the way the game plays with AI positioning, AI Logic, skating, physics, the friction of the puck. 'cause most of the time when you get the puck in the D zone on a turnover/bad shot/goalie pass, it seems like a breakout pass is nigh impossible from the get-go, so figure skating is necessary.



I do gotta say that entering the zone in NHL is pretty nice with the dump in and wrap around the boards features.. I don't remember using them much before, but watchign some videos last night, they really work, unlike 09/10/11. They work legitimately, I should add. none of the "Dman gets the puck then gets checked and loses puck" crap.



I'm not even excited to play the game, at least not NHL 12. I'll have it for something to do. I already kjnow if I play it often I'll lose interest pretty quickly. I'm tired of Halo, haven't played it in a few days. I'll need a long break from that game, probably. I played it oo much last week 'cause my back's been killing me and I had nothing else to do for 4 days. I see why I sold the Xbox 2 or 3 times now. And The Witcher 2 sucks. The combat system is atrocious. Play it on hard - takes a thousand hits for some characters to die, but you gotta add another two or three thousand if you dont' use the skills 'cause they block. Play it on easy - still takes probably 50 or 100 hits but they can't block.. it's like "jesus, I'm not fighitng one character for 10 minutes" on hard, so play it on easy. but the game sucks. i coudlnt' care less about the characters, the story, the plot, the cities, the factions, the quests. I tried playing it Thursday night , played for an hour and fell asleep in my chair. I only played it to keep me awake but we see how that worked.



I'm kinda debating on whether I should even renew the subscription to Xbox Live at the end of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment