Thursday, July 26, 2012

my personal code of ethics for law enforcement (recognize it sean?) I just reworded stuff from the NCO creed lol, sounds good tho

The purpose of the Code of Ethics is to ensure that all law enforcement officers are fully aware of their responsibility to maintain a sound ethically forge discipline, in their personal life and that of their agencies.  All law enforcement officers shall be administered the Code of Ethics, regardless of duty or appointment.

            "My duties as a law enforcement officer include, but are not limited to; the welfare and well-being of mankind, the policing and safekeeping of properties and persons in and out of my jurisdiction, providing a means of security within my society, to protect the innocent against deviance and deception, the weak against oppression or intimidation and the peaceful against violence or disorder; and, to respect the Constitutional rights of all men and women to liberty, equality and justice.

 

            I WILL, at all times, maintain a personal and professional image of exemplary authority; maintain outward calm and emotionally stable mind in circumstances that include danger, ridicule, and adversity.  I will adhere to all laws and regulations outlined by my department.  Any confidential information that is confided to me in my official capacity will remain confidential and private unless revelation is necessary in the performance of my duty as a law enforcement officer.  The welfare and well-being of others will remain uppermost in my mind, being one of my main responsibilities.

 

            I AM aware of my role as a law enforcement officer and will never act as to show or permit personal feelings or favors, prejudices, animosities, or friendships to influence any decision.  I will be fair and impartial when enforcing the law.  With no compromise for crime and with relentless prosecution of criminals, I will enforce the law courteously and appropriately without fear or favor, malice of ill will, never employing unnecessary force of violence and never accepting gratuities.

 

I WILL strive to remain proficient in all aspects of my duty, as well as enroll in professional self-development activities and courses to improve my performance and knowledge in all aspects of law enforcement nature.  I understand that the exercising of initiative in my work environment is required individually on a daily basis, and I will do so without being told to.

 

I WILL serve loyally to my country and its' people, wearing the badge that represents my office, with honor and pride.  I wear this badge as a symbol of public faith and security, and I accept it as a public trust to be held so long as I am true to the ethics of the police service.  I will achieve these objectives and ideals regardless of the situation in which I find myself, in dedication to which the position I so honorably call my profession… a law enforcement officer."

No comments:

Post a Comment