Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Read first 4 chapters of the hobbit, it's terrible. truly awful. I'm pretty sure I read it twice in high school.  

Too many be verbs, really nothing happens. a whole chapter for them to leave town and meet the three trolls (Bert, William, and Tom. really? that's the most original names you could think of?)

some 1-star reviews

Actually, I would prefer to give it zero stars. In a number of attempts to read this thing, I succeeded in falling asleep every time. In ten or so attempts I was able to get no further than page 15. So dull.  (Ok, so this guy doesn't give a good reason for 1 star)

This book, sorry to say, REALLY SUCKS!! Maybe becuase its a child's novel is the reason i did'nt like it but let me say something if your 15 up i DO NOT recomend this book for you!!!! (A more thorough yet lacking review.. let's see if we can find a true 1 star review)

Okay, if you've never in your life read an epic fantasy then you might like it. But still, when I read this book I was at a point where I was reading four hundred-page novels per two to three days, but it took me hours to get through the first couple chapters. It doesn't really make sense how the dwarves would want such a bumbling fool to help them. And anyway, dwarves and Hobbits, etc., etc. aren't exactly my favorite fantasy races. Oh well.  (Yeah, wtf do they want Bilbo Baggins who obviously isn't an adventurer to be their 14th ? That makes NO sense. no explanations given, either.)

Despite the many 5-star reviews of this book, I believe "The Hobbit" is overrated and boring. How is this book able to be read by grown adults? I do not think of this book as important; I think of it as a fantasy with absolutely no importance.


If you have some extra time on your and feel like pissing it away, then read this book. I love literature;however, I cannot believe I wasted valuable hours of my life on reading this so called book. I've read technical manuals that are more interesting. If there is someone you really don't like, suggest that they read this book. (hah, it's not that bad)

There are a lot of reviews by schoolkids that were forced to read the book and say it sucks.. yeah i guess it would suck if you were forced to read it. any book is like that

hahahahah, one reviewer says that this book is so bad you should watch TV instead. come on people, that's not even an argument.

This Book was just too childish. I Heard that it was a timeless classic, so i payed a whopping $12 which could have easily better spent. For an adult to enjoy this novel is just beyond my belief. I am 14 myself and after reading it it was plainly ment for parents to read to their 6 or 7 year olds as they fall asleep. With such childish names almost always ryming with another (example: Dwalin and Balin, and also the very childish name of Bilbo) I would only purchase this book if i had someone i knew about 6-8 years old just to read it to them (hmm, definitely childish. both the book and the reviewer.)

Final thoughts: not a very flowing book to read, nothing is important, too many be verbs, and there's no sense of urgency or struggle.  no characterization except maybe bilbo and maybe Gandalf. ah well, I'll have to find another book to read sometime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment