Sunday, July 22, 2012

Talking about martin St. Louis:

The 37-year-old started with sumo deadlifts: four 300-pound reps. With no rest, St. Louis progressed to 10 walking lunges with 65-pound dumbbells tucked in each fist. To conclude the set, St. Louis dragged backward, for 50 yards, a sled stuffed with 14 45-pound plates. After a three-minute rest, St. Louis performed the three-exercise circuit again.

In total, St. Louis performs four sets. After that, a 50-second shift against the Eastern Conference's big boys sounds like a vacation.

"The whole workout probably only takes 45 minutes," Prentiss said. "But he'll tell you it's the hardest thing he ever does."


That would be tough, but man taht would be fun.  45 minutes of intense workout.  I gotta start pushing myself to rest less and workout more.  I usually take about 4 minutes in between sets.  On Tuesday, I might go shorter rests, especially on squats. Those squats make my legs feel tight and tired for quite a while.. One time i took a 5 minute rest and my legs didn't feel any differnt, I did the squats with no problem.  I guess it's all mental.  Getting injured is always in the back of my mind which sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment