Wednesday, July 18, 2012

yeah, the game is gay sometimes with its handicap system. you can be owning somebody and still lose.

i played i think 2 games today, lost the first in OT and won the second, both were against pretty good guys so it wasn't a big deal to lose.  you can only get so good at the game then it just comes down to either luck or abusing the system.  it seems like th really good players don't use their Dmen too often, I know I don't use them if I dont have to 'cause it's too easy to take them outta position, plus the AI does a better job of gap control.. not sure about the corner play, I usually use the Dmen to prevent them from doing anything fancy in the corner like doing the glitch goal.

idlewild wasn't bad, definitely a family place.  only stayed for maybe 3 hours, it started raining within the first hour and quickly stopped, they still shut down all of the rides 'cause of lightning.  story book forest was different from what i remember.. there was a Captain Candy on the Good Ship Lollipop, smokin' hot.  The characters were kinda funny 'cause Little Red Robin Hood was pretty good lookin' but obviuosly young and shy, and Goldilocks was a joke, obviously didn't like her job.  The girl doin' the crocodile blow up boat rope-pull thing, she looked extremely bored.   They were all smilin at me, probably 'cause all the other guys and gals were older, fatter, and uglier.   the wild mouse was shut down, ha.  if it didn't rain and we would have spent at least 8 hours there, I'd say $15 is probably worth it.  Just a relaxing day, go ride some rides, play some games, go to the pool and relax.  then again it'd be cheaper to just go to the community pool.

Anyway, we played the ring toss game - put a small ring around a soda bottle. 5 rings for $1. obviously didn't win. so we took Madison and daemon to the duck pond, $1 for 2 fish, guaranteed to win.. no idea how that thing makes money 'cause Daemon won a big toy and Madison got a small toy.. for $2 they easily got their money's worth.  Then I played the milk bottle knock-em-down.  $2 for 2 balls, if you knock 'em all down on the first throw you win a huge stuffed animal, second throw you get a small one.  I did a fake throw to get my arm used to the movement, then I tossed it pretty slowly, went top right.  So I took a step left and threw it straight ahead like the first throw, aiming to the left of the bottles.  Hit the top and the right one, and the left one toppled over slowly. boom, too easy.  i let madison pick a prize, i just wanted to do it.  Stepping up to the table, the 15 or 20 feet of distance was further than I was expecting.  Last time I did this game was 2 years ago at the Renaissance Festival, both balls were a miss.  I remember distinctly that my arms weren't used to the throwing motion, it felt weird to even do it, but this time was natural like a kid who plays baseball regularly.  (if you want to feel something extremely weird, pretend you're pitching in the MLB with your arm up to the side of your body and your hand going BEHIND your arm... if you need a reference, search for the image of a pitcher in mid-pitch.  I can't even get my hand too far behind my arm, no idea how those guys do it .. no wonder they're always getting hurt and needing Tommy John surgery, though. feels extremely unnatural and like it would be easy to get injured.)

No comments:

Post a Comment