Monday, August 13, 2012

On the way to work, I see that traffic is backed up on the Parkway before the Churchill exit (maybe 4 miles after Monroeville? 3 miles maybe?) which is completely unusual. My first thought was "accident." I pulled over, took off my helmet and ccalled work to let them know I wasn't sure when I was gonna make it in. I had a feeling I might be sitting there for hours. I probably would have if I was in my car, but I was on my bike. Decided to drive up the shoulder to check it out.. didn't drive for more than 30 seconds at 30 mph or so and I saw that the accident wasn't even far ahead, a lot of police cars, ambulances, and fire trucks. Luckily, where I was located, there was an on-ramp so I drove backwards on the shoulder, got off on the on-ramp, and took a backroad to the next entrance to the parkway. I'm glad I did, 'cause I would have been there for a long time.



http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/08/12/crash-creates-traffic-problems-on-parkway-east/



according that site, they didn't clear up traffic until after 11 pm. Jesus, man. I'm sure I would have been able to get around on my car, but bein' on that bike was so much easier to get around. All 'cause some idiot decided to steal a car and then barrel roll it 3 or 4 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment