Sunday, August 12, 2012

played 1.5 games of nhl.. first guy was a real douchebag, figure skating all over the place in the neutral zone and then if he did happen to get in the O zone, he'd stay near the blue line 'cause it's nearly impossible to check them from there.  can't get the puck, either.  he scored 2 bullshit goals so i quit, not wasting my time.

played a 2nd game against a guest.  I scored the first goal off of a rebound and they immediately score on the next possession. handicap? definitely.    2nd goal, i came up the LW side, held in the slap button, Dman holds in LB so I slap 'er short side, goal. bullshit but i'll take it.   3rd goal, my forechecker AI checks the guy in their O zone and i get the puck, pass it back to the checker guy for the easy one timer.   4th goal - I wait in the neutral zone for an opening and then cross the blue line in the middle from R to L, shoot R side, goalie was WAY outta position.    5th - pass from LW to RW on a 2 on 1 then back to LW for the easy one timer smasher.  

6th goal was weird - i dump the puck with 30 seconds to go, it goes straight up the middle and my center is first to get it with 2 Dmen behind him, as soon I get the puck I'm in the slot so I fake forehand and skate to my backhand side , goalie came up to my forehand fake so I had an easy netter.  The weird part I guess is more that the other team scored iwth like 50 seconds left but immediately I knew it was gonna be waived 'cause it was a rebound about 6 feet high and the guy hit it in.. the puck was going downward so it was correctly called off.  And then they score with 8 seconds left just from rushing the goalie. handicap? again, I say yes.  6-2, not really fun.

This game is kinda stressful. Play against good guys and you have to figure skate, play against shit guys and it's easy to win. play against shit guys sometimes and lose for no reason.  Ah well. During the first game i was thinking "I'm never playing this game again, too much fucking bullshit figure skating 'cause my D is top notch."  we'll see, I really had no interest in playing it right now to be honest. I kinda see why I sold it.  I just don't understand why I only had like 40 games played before I sold it. makes no sense to me.  Then again, the competition doesn't really clear up until probably a month or two after the game gets released because there aren't even stats for each person to give them their true ranking.

No comments:

Post a Comment