Monday, January 7, 2013

intro to this class, pretty good I think.

heather thought it was funny, as did the professor. i cant stand
reading boring nonsense.
-----

Hey folks,

Sean Ross here. I'm enlisted active duty Army, stationed at Fort
Gordon as an Arabic linguist. Completely strategic and
drop-dead-boring missions. Woo hoo. My wife Heather is in the
Louisiana National Guard - we met at DLI in Monterey, CA and got
hitched up at my graduation to move through life and military life
together. We have three chihauhaus who keep us warm and active.
Heather tells me people back in the day used their pet chihauhaus as
personal heaters, placing them in their sweaters/jackets/etc like
kangaroos. The More You Know(tm).

I've been in for 4 years and started this program a while ago and take
classes when I can. My real goal in the Army is to go the Physician
Assistant route, but my job is in such high demand that they won't
release me. Gotta turn lemons into sweetness, what better way than to
get better at this insanely un-exhilarating job. I see some of you
commented on online classes. I'm a huge proponent of online courses.
I spent all summer and fall sitting in a brick-and-mortar university
taking the pre-requisites for the PA program, and man, the driving to
and fro, sitting in class, and being surrounded by generally
non-social freshmen really isn't all it's cracked up to be. The
professors, however, always tickle my learning fancy.

My wife thinks I'm a hockey fanatic - lockout is over, yes! Really,
I only care about the Pittsburgh Penguins, and I dabble at the local
arena with the big boys and do my best. I also used to compete as a
bicycle racer. One day, as a courier in DC, a guy told me "I used to
ride a bike, then my dad bought me a dirt bike." Unfortunately, I've
come around to his way of thinking, driving my Ninja 500 every day,
rain or shine, cold or hot. If you ever need a taste of freedom, get
some wheels!

I'm excited about the Israel 2006 conflict section of the class. I
have read quite a few books on Israel and the region and find it
immensely fascinating. One day I'll visit. My wife is doing a model
UN trip sometime this semester. Her country is Iran. That section
might allow us to have some lengthy discussions to better both our
understandings. Exciting.I majored in Psychology and Philosophy my
undergrad, yet I'm always intrigued to learn more about perceptions,
human though processes, and how it ties into larger social situations.
Overall, this class has me pumped!

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment