Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Re: [Madness Writers] hhahahahah

had to look up commissary.. figured it was somdething to do iwth food

so I talked iwth the guy, really cool dude.  I have to fill out the application, turn in transcripts even from the high school i think, (no GREs need to be sent, but i'll try to copy my results and send them for good measure), 3 letters of recommendation (I'll probably do 5, the max), and a 9 question essay (2 pages max for all answers).  then, there are 2 phone interviews. that's it, man.  costs me the transcript fees and the time to fill out the app/essays.

so, here are the advantages: 1) full tuition.  2) can go overseas to europe for my assignment, 3) free books/supplies in school, 4) $2152 a month during school, 5) free housing and food during active duty which.. 6) I'll be a captain since I'll have a doctorate, so the housing is $2000/month, food is only like 240.. no idea how you can eat on 240 a month with babies/kids.  I'll be making like 5,000 extra a year, too.  7) Get something like a 2,500 bonus yearly for being a CRNA.  8) only a 3 year commitment.  9) no reserve duties. i'd be IRR - individual reserve rate or something, no mandatory duties. the air force has never called people from IRR to active duty, so nothing to worry about.  10) be an officer, more perks I guess? 

disadvantages: 1) only helathcare for me, not for Andy or Emily.  Though, 45 days a year I'll be considered active so they'll get it then. that's when the checkups and dentist visits will take place, haha.   2) can get assigned to idaho, alaska, nebraska.  that would suck.  3) only a 3 year commitment.  this all depends on where I get assigned.  4) closest bases to home are Dayton, Ohio, Bethesda, MD, and Langley, VA.  I'd rather go ot England, Italy, or Germany.  could also go to Korea or Japan, but evidently Japan is super-expensive and the BAH/BAS doesn't really cover it, or if it does, it's barely.   There was a Turkey assignment in there, too, haha.  no thanks.

so really the only negative aspect is the healthcare for Andy.  And the potential to go to a shitty assignment. but it'd be worth a lifetime of being mostly debt free.

ah yeah, they'll re-enlist me for $50,000 a year since I'd be a CRNA and they realize that I could make over double that plus my base salary in the civiliam world.. any CRNA that re-enlists would have to have a huge incentive from the military to ndo so, and I can't think of any good reasons in which that would happen.

what else... there's a 5 week training program for officers, i could start that after school finishes.   40 hour a week work schedule.  too many reasons to sign up.  i'm filling out transcript forms right now, boooom.

the deadline , there isn't one, but they review all applicatoins starting October 1st, so that's my deadline.  I'll have my part done within a week.  I'm getting it done so I get accepted.  If  I don't, it's not the end of the world.. would probably hav eto look into the Navy's HPSP, if they have one, haha.

whoever I bought NHL off of must live in or near Greensburg.  it started off in a post office nearby.


On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 3:02 PM, Madness <nayrrizdaed@gmail.com> wrote:
jimmy'll get it, and if ryan joins he'll soon understand:

You know the best place to go hog hunting?

The commissary. Just wait outside on the 1st and 15th. You can bag a 400 pounder easy.




--
Posted By Madness to Madness Writers at 7/31/2013 12:02:00 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment