Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Re: [Madness Writers] wothwhile books

Infinite jest is good but extremely long.   Geb is....interesting. I read most of it in peru. A good book for learning how to program i guess

Dont read Ishmael. Freshman level philosophy and you'll be .  like "this guy is writing to make a point, not to make a dialogue" he even admits that he wrote his ideas down in form of dialogue.

i'm gonna have t odownload the autobiography of ben franklin    http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/148


you won't have much time to read with kids unless you wanna take out time from actually enjoying yourself.  what i mean is that iwth the kids, you'll need time to enjoy with them and take care of them, but you also need your own time. I love Andy, but I can't spend all of my time iwth one perosn no matter who it is.  so the little time I do have usually goes to the gym and games at night. really no free tim eanymore, but it's a good thing

jesus christ these phones are pieces of shit. taking 10 minutes to fucking send an email.  constantly freezing for no reason.  i should probably sell my phone and my tablet, buy a Tmobile phone and go wit the $30 unlimited 5G (yes, not 3G) data plan with 100 total minutes.  that's what one guy at work does.  why not, better service, too, probably.    this constant freezing is annoying 'cause it's like a 15 year old computer freezing, you konw you're not gonna finish what you're doing for another 15 minutes.   get with the times, technology.



On Aug 5, 2013 10:20 PM, "Madness" <nayrrizdaed@gmail.com> wrote:

How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie

FLUID CONCEPTS AND CREATIVE ANALOGIES and his most recent one which I just finished, SURFACES AND ESSENCES. I'd consider GEB my 2nd most life changing book... since I read it when I was in my early twenties... THE SELFISH GENE is what really got me started on a personal quest for knowledge and understanding as a teen. Unfortunately, it seems Dawkins' reputation has discouraged many from reading his actual proper science books... If you guys haven't read it, do it. Then read THE EXTENDED PHENOTYPE

Ishmael by Daniel Quinn
Seneca's Letters from a Stoic

The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin.
House of Leaves
Anne frank
House of Leaves
Beyond Good and Evil.
Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace

The Story of Physics Lloyd Motz




--
Posted By Madness to Madness Writers at 8/05/2013 07:20:00 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment